Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i need help, these winter mornings when its really cold outside, i can never find the motovation to get up and walk 30mins to school when its freezing, i need to wear a school uniform which isnt warm at all, just wondering if anyone could help me or if anyone suffers from the same thing, and what they have done

thanks

ReputationRep:
    warm shower before you go and get some gloves and a hat?

stating the obvious i know =]

ReputationRep:
    If you wear a skirt, wear 2 pairs of tights to keep your legs warm. I love Uni Qlo's heattech, which is supposed to keep you warm. They have camis, long sleeve tops (with a low neckline, so can go under a shirt), leggings (good for under trousers). Just layer up and you'll be nice a snug. If you get to hot in school, just pop to the bathroom to change.

ReputationRep:
    i tried two paris of tights today and worked slightly but was still freezing

ReputationRep:
    Coat
    gloves
    scarf
    hat
    thermal from an outdoors store
    warm drink before u leave the house
    try skipping to skool lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weelaura86)
    i need help, these winter mornings when its really cold outside, i can never find the motovation to get up and walk 30mins to school when its freezing, i need to wear a school uniform which isnt warm at all, just wondering if anyone could help me or if anyone suffers from the same thing, and what they have done

thanks
    so you cba school?
    i cant imagine anyone else has ever had that problem

ReputationRep:
    Try a random skip/jog to school keep you warm, and two pairs of tights, maybe even leggings if you can?

ReputationRep:
    Layers are your friend :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Make sure your feet are nicely covered up in boots or maybe some of those knitted Uggs which are meant to keep your feet nice and toasty. Wear a thick pair of tights and if your feet still get cold, socks too. Make sure you wear a scarf and gloves! They will keep you nice and warm and earmuffs will protect the bite on your ears. Hat/no hat depends if you want to mess up your hair and try wearing a mac. New Look do some in different colours

ReputationRep:
    Wear socks under your two pairs of tights. A thermal vest under your blouse. Obv a warm coat, scarf, hat and gloves. When I was at school I used to wear a thick hoody over my uniform (then bung it in your locker for the rest of the day/in your bag). You can also get little hand warming packs from outdoors shops.

ReputationRep:
    I have SAD which makes me feel extremely low during the winter months. (Diagnosed properly btw.) I use a sunlight, which gradually lights up your room in the morning, supressing the melatonin when it enters your eye (that's the hormone which makes you sleepy..) and it really works. It can't help the cold, but it helps you wake up and be more alert.

Handwarmers, gloves, scarf, tights etc all help. Layers are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    i wear about five tights to school everyday, lol.
    first thick leggings with socks, two pairs of tights
    and then a final pair of opaque tights.
    we have a dress code at my school, but you can't even
    tell that i've got all those layers on.
    try that as well as a warm hat, thick scarf and as many
    layers as you can pull off without anyone noticing.
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Only one way to improve things - layers. I have exactly the same problem. Our school uniform just has no warmth in it. I have started wearing a camisole and underskirt / slip from M&S this last couple of weeks which has made me warmer. Also make sure your shoes have a thicker sole to keep the cold ground from your feet. I have a very unattractive but warm pair of shoes for this weather - worth it to be warm though!

ReputationRep:
    Spare socks . Tuck your shirt in(:

ReputationRep:
    i have the same, but with my work uniform.
    the only answer i've found is layers. i generally look like i've put on a stone overnight i have so many clothes on but it keeps me reasonably warm. i've taken to wearing tights and leggings under my trousers, then two pair of socks. maybe try that? then two vest tops, a tshirt, then my work shirt. then i found this cute black sleeveless jumper in primark so i wear that over the top, then my fleece. when i'm not actually on shopfloor i wear a hoodie under the fleece too. then the usual hat, scarf, gloves. i feel the cold so badly though sometimes even that isn't warm enough though, what is the point in winter!!

ReputationRep:
    Fleece is your friend. Get a fleece lined hat, wear fleece gloves and wear a fleece over your uniform when you go there and you'll be super snuggly. I wear a fleece as a middle layer all the way through the winter with a tshirt underneath and a jumper over the top. Also, wearing a waterproof coat will keep the wind chill off you. But like everyone else here says, wear layers.

ReputationRep:
    I also have the same problem with my work uniform. I agree with everyone else and wear layers. I wear leggings under my trousers, with 3 or 4 pairs of socks. I wore my wellies in the snow. If you have any suitable boots, wear them, as they will keep your legs warm (or you can always wear them on the way to school and change into school shoes when you get there). I also wear a tshirt under my work top. Cardigans/jumpers are always good, and a warm coat. If you have fingerless gloves, wear them under youre normal gloves/mittens, to keep your hands extra warm. A scarf (or shawl over your shoulders) and a hat. Also, put your clothes on a radiator about 15 mins before you get dressed, so they are warm when you put them on, and then go out of the door as quickly as possible

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand how our school have managed to put together a school uniform like ours with not much thought to keeping warm - its got so much nylon / polyester in it its ever going to keep you warm

box pleated skirt - 65% polyester / 35% viscose
    shirt 65% polyester / 35% cotton
    blazer - 100% polyester
    jumper - 100% acrylic

plus its ickky to wear really!

ReputationRep:
    You can buy heat packs and put them all over your clothes. If you're not sure what it is.. its like a pack where if you shake it, it will produce a moderate amount of heat that can last 12 hours. Put some in your pockets and theres some also to stick in your shoes. They really work. I have not seen any in the UK though so you might have to buy them online.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem but I take tee or coffe with me on the way to the university... it really helps!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.gimigames.com/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.