Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speculation on why black states are not successful.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do not call me racist. I am certainly not, it is not racist to dicuss facts of life.

So me and my bf were discussing why black states are so unsuccessful, why they are poverty stricken, why they are unable to pull themselves out of the ruts they are in.

My theory....it took many many hundreds of years for western civilization to evolve into what it is now. We went through the stone age then into the slow process of becoming successful states. However, when African states were first discovered...relatively recently...the west literally yanked them right out of what was a prolonged stone age for them(something we went through thousands of years ago)...they had no modern knowledge, none of the capabilities the west had - and therefore, if it took us thousands of years to develop from being in this state, why do we expect African countries to break out of it in one hundred years? They are still in that developmental stage.....but it's just a theory.

ReputationRep:
    Black states seem to have the fundamental problem of setting up stable government / social systems. Why? **** knows

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion humanity does not progress in a gradual manner but rather in leaps.

That's because new ideas are always formed first in the mind of a certain individual and not in the mind of the collective (there is no such thing as a collective mind). Usually this person gets executed or tortured for his ideas, but sometimes his ideas or discoveries make a huge difference, for better or worse.

Eventually what determines the amount of progress in a society is how it treats individuals with exceptional abilities. In collective societies, and especially in tribal societies like African ones, the individual's life has very little value. Add to that primitive mysticism, and you've got
    the perfect recipe for poverty.

Until this changes expect no progress in Africa's condition, but it has nothing to do with skin color, nor is this condition unique to Africa. You'd find that most poverty stricken countries in the world share similar degrees of collectivism and contempt for individuality.

ReputationRep:
    There's a distinctly similar thread to this.

ReputationRep:
    you racist mo'******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by licensedX)
    Do not call me racist. I am certainly not, it is not racist to dicuss facts of life.

So me and my bf were discussing why black states are so unsuccessful, why they are poverty stricken, why they are unable to pull themselves out of the ruts they are in.

My theory....it took many many hundreds of years for western civilization to evolve into what it is now. We went through the stone age then into the slow process of becoming successful states. However, when African states were first discovered...relatively recently...the west literally yanked them right out of what was a prolonged stone age for them(something we went through thousands of years ago)...they had no modern knowledge, none of the capabilities the west had - and therefore, if it took us thousands of years to develop from being in this state, why do we expect African countries to break out of it in one hundred years? They are still in that developmental stage.....but it's just a theory.
    The 'White Man' raped Africa.

ReputationRep:
    IMO Slavery & colonisation of Africa benefited the west A LOT (oil etc) and screwed Africans.
    And now we wonder: "wtf went wrong with them, why can't they sort themselves out."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *PurpleRain*)
    IMO Slavery & colonisation of Africa benefited the west A LOT (oil etc) and screwed Africans.
    And now we wonder: "wtf went wrong with them, why can't they sort themselves out."
    Shrewd analysis!

ReputationRep:
    Arrogant selfish Whites' stole all their wealth.

ReputationRep:
    They are still in that developmental stage.....but it's just a theory.
    Still in the development stage? Whilst we were frolicking about in houses built from sticks and just about working out how to build causewayed enclosures, progressing into the bronze age they were building towns of out of stone and developing written language.

Look up the Nubian civilisation or development of pre-history Ethiopia. Development in Northern Africa occurred long before it did in northern Europe.

Give this program a watch presented by Dr Gus Casely-Hayford: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Africa_Nubia/

ReputationRep:
    Because there is a distinct and well documented trade-off between penis size and IQ between ethnic groups.

Blacks have the biggest penis. Go figure. :woo: :eek3: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't explain how many non-black states which had almost equally as little technology have (mostly) adapted to western civilisation just fine.

ReputationRep:
    Corruption and security.

ReputationRep:
    Hint: they don't have food.

ReputationRep:
    watch the wire and you shall see

ReputationRep:

I'll listen to what you have to say when you have a degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliciaJ703)
    I'll listen to what you have to say when you have a degree.
    What, you think that would validate her opinions?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, in short I think its partially to do with the fact Africa can very easily be exploited due to lack of decent land for crops and lots of expensive metals and shizz, so people with the food give bad deals just so the African countries can stay alive.

Also, having a lot of expensive stuff to protect needs armies, which are then exploited when leaders realise they can make a lot of money for themselves, which is the human thing to do anyway. If that makes any sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    What, you think that would validate her opinions?
    It might or might not, the point is most people talk about subjects they have never studied indepth only relying on popular media to serve as stated sources. To truly converse on a subject, you must learn beyond your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *PurpleRain*)
    certainly not condoning slavery - but we did introduce them to the modern world. Surely if they had not been colonised they would still be where we were 1500 years ago?

And also....they could sort themselves out if the governments weren't such corrupt *******s...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.