Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've been in a relationship with my gf for a while now, coming up to a year. I'm currently at Uni while she is still back home. Throughout the first term, everything went absolutely perfectly, I would go back and see her at weekends and then have a great time in the week at Uni, no problems.

However, over the Christmas period, when I went home for around a month I felt my feelings start to change towards her. I felt that 'spark' burning out, and starting to reconsider what I wanted. I've been stuck in between ending it, moving on and just getting on with my life at Uni, or continuing with and seeing how it goes.

After all, a month is a long time and I suppose any couple would get on each other's nerves if they saw eachother everyday. I've only been settled back into Uni for a few days now and already I'm missing her, but I just don't know what to do. I've never been one for sleeping around, going out on the pull or these kinds of things, its just not me, and I know the grass is unlikely to be greener on the other side, but I just feel like I'm missing out. On the other hand, if I decide to end it and discover that the single life is not for me, it'll be too late to fix things and I'll be left with nothing.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I'd see how it goes, see what it's like the next time you see her, and if you feel 'that spark'. Thing is, you might just be comfortable with her- if so, I'd end it. Don't stay with her because you're comfortable and don't want to be alone, and afraid of hurting her. You should want to be with her.

ReputationRep:
    I do want to be with her, but at the same time, yes I do feel comfortable. I'm determined to make a go of it though, and not fall at the first hurdle. Perhaps we just need to introduce something new to the relationship, something different? I does feel as though we've been coasting all this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex345)
    I do want to be with her, but at the same time, yes I do feel comfortable. I'm determined to make a go of it though, and not fall at the first hurdle. Perhaps we just need to introduce something new to the relationship, something different? I does feel as though we've been coasting all this time.
    Er, like what? Actually don't tell me.

If you want to make a go of it, do. If you think it's worth it, work on it, and if you still have doubts I guess you'll know it's not meant to be.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.