including
    A minimum of 180 UCAS Tariff points

from two A Levels
    including

GCE A level
    Law

Remaining points to be obtained from 1 further A Level

and/or 1 further AS Level"

The 180 is fine - I will get a B in Law and then another C in History or English.
    Then I will get another B in the other. This will make 260 UCAS points. I have an extra 30 points from Critical Thinking at AS level, bringing my predicted point score to 290.

I was basically wondering if anyone knew if Plymouth would still give me the place with 290 points because it is only 10 points off, because I do not feel I can achieve any higher. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    yeah mate they should depending on how competitive the course actually is... some courses like Surf Science which not many places do will be really competitive but I don't know how your course will be. You're probably best ringing the faculty office up and asking them. Although it looks like you're grades are fine to be honest because you more than exceed the expectations but I think they just put a number down so people sort of know what to expect from the course (ie is it going to be full of intelligent people or not-so intelligent people). I had an offer for Merchant Shipping last year which I had to ring them up for exactly this same reason and they said as long as you achieve close enough to the entry requirements then they'll take you.
    The university is only really bothered if you make a complete hash of you A-Levels which I don't think you're planning to do so it should be alright. It would be a shame if they didn't give you an offer though =P

Hope this helps a bit xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fionelo)
    yeah mate they should depending on how competitive the course actually is... some courses like Surf Science which not many places do will be really competitive but I don't know how your course will be. You're probably best ringing the faculty office up and asking them. Although it looks like you're grades are fine to be honest because you more than exceed the expectations but I think they just put a number down so people sort of know what to expect from the course (ie is it going to be full of intelligent people or not-so intelligent people). I had an offer for Merchant Shipping last year which I had to ring them up for exactly this same reason and they said as long as you achieve close enough to the entry requirements then they'll take you.
    The university is only really bothered if you make a complete hash of you A-Levels which I don't think you're planning to do so it should be alright. It would be a shame if they didn't give you an offer though =P

Hope this helps a bit xD

haha yeah, thanks a lot. that reassured me a lot.
    a friend was in the same situation with the same course at the same uni and he was 20 points off and they let him in, but that was 3 years ago so i just wanted another opinion thank youu

ReputationRep:
    yeah no worries mate glad to help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.