(Original post by lou p lou)
    what uni is it?
    what course is it?
    have you had an offer?
    why?

lou xxx
    uni: Dundee
    course: Maths + Psychology
    offer? yep- CCD (incredibly low for that course)
    reason: I just fell i love with the place, the uni is kinda between the shops + the nightlife + everything is in crawling distance- it's a proper student town, the unis getting a lot of money at the moment and is really growing + the course is perfect- they have less than 30 people in the maths classes instead of big lectures.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    what uni is it? Oxford
    what course is it? History (Modern)
    have you had an offer? Yes (40 IB points)
    why? Love the tutorial system, best history department in the UK (imo), think it's a nice place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    what uni is it? Oxford
    why? Love the tutorial system, best history department in the UK (imo), think it's a nice place.
    oooh, well done!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    uni: Nottingham
    course: Politics
    offer? Yes- ABB
    reason: It's a well respected University, the course looks interesting, and although I haven't visited yet, I've heard the campus is really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    uni: Nottingham
    course: Politics
    offer? Yes- ABB
    reason: It's a well respected University, the course looks interesting, and although I haven't visited yet, I've heard the campus is really nice.
    have you looked round the other unis you've applied to? i could never choose somewhere as my favourite without visiting, i always expected st andrews to be my fav + when i got there it did nothing for me at all and it's my least favourite now....

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    what uni is it? Nottingham
    what course is it? English Lit
    have you had an offer? Nope - rejected 2 hours ago. *******s!
    why? That's what i'd like to know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    what uni is it? Nottingham
    what course is it? English Lit
    have you had an offer? Nope - rejected 2 hours ago. *******s!
    why? That's what i'd like to know...
    *hug* don't really know what to say to that... have you any new preference among the other 4?

this won't help, but my friend got rejected by York for History with grades like yours- all I can suggest is that maybe they thought you were an oxbridge candidate. like you, he was annoyed when his friend got accepted for the same course and his friend was a far weaker candidate (his ASs were ABBC compared to AAAA).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    UNI: - Kings and Liverpool
    COURSE: - Dentistry
    OFFER: - No, but I have an interview coming up.
    WHY: - Still not sure.

ReputationRep:
    *hug* don't really know what to say to that... have you any new preference among the other 4?

this won't help, but my friend got rejected by York for History with grades like yours- all I can suggest is that maybe they thought you were an oxbridge candidate. like you, he was annoyed when his friend got accepted for the same course and his friend was a far weaker candidate (his ASs were ABBC compared to AAAA).

lou xxx
    :eek: that must have been the worst feeling...out of my offers (bham and southampton) i'd say bham, but thats just cos i've visited it and it's nice, i guess...

ReputationRep:
    have you looked round the other unis you've applied to? i could never choose somewhere as my favourite without visiting, i always expected st andrews to be my fav + when i got there it did nothing for me at all and it's my least favourite now....

lou xxx
    I've been to Lancaster, which will probably be my insurance offer, and I loved the place, and I went to Sheffield, which I've had an offer from, but which I probably won't be going to. Not that it's unappealing, it's just the least appealing of the six. I also went to Leeds and really liked it there, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

I've haven't been to Durham or LSE, but I got rejected from Durham, and I'm expecting the same from LSE, so it doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    What uni is it? Warwick
    What course is it? English Literature
    Have you had an offer? Nope, not yet However, a friend who applied around the same time for a similar course has already been rejected, so I'm hoping no news is good news :confused:
    Why? Uni is well-respected, Course looks fab, nice campus etc. Also, I used to live in Warwickshire and really love the area.

*Realizes that he actually has to pick an offer as first choice*...damn it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    *Realizes that he actually has to pick an offer as first choice*...damn it!!!
    lol, i saw that you'd replied to this and thought you'd actually decided... i was *this* close to going into shock

where have you had offers from?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    what uni is it?
    what course is it?
    have you had an offer?
    why?

lou xxx
    uni: University of San Diego
    course: Political Science and Communications
    Offers: none, im 14
    Why: its beautiful, near the beach, and has the best law school in california, and it has a jamba juice within the city limits, my uncle and aunt live there, as well as my cousin Lori her Fiance, and Bobby....and the dorms overlook the bay!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    what uni is it? Oxford
    Congratulations, I'll add you to my list!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Congratulations, I'll add you to my list!
    why would you add him to a list?

how many unis does england have anyway?
    i was thinking about one in england but then decided it was to cold and rained to much and then i would have to take the bar over in the states if or when i moved back...

and plus i dont have the accent, ever1 would make fun of me!

ReputationRep:
    England has loads of unis about 20-30 decent ones (open to debate) and then about another 50 or so, including colleges and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    England has loads of unis about 20-30 decent ones (open to debate) and then about another 50 or so, including colleges and stuff.
    I think it's a bit more than that... the guardian league table lists 120 institutions.

ReputationRep:
    well i suppose 50 or so could mean a hundred lol. I thought it was that many but then couldn't think of anywhere near that number.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.