Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just taken this exam this morning. How did people find it? I thought it was easier than the past papers .

ReputationRep:
    Made various mistakes in this one just like the others, although the difficulty on this was ok. Hopefully overall in additional I'm looking at an A or B.
    Will probably do much better in all the unit 2 tests next time, as I know what mistakes to avoid... like reading the question properly!

ReputationRep:
    I found it really hard , was really confusing. Cant remember what I wrote , but exams are over for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iepnauy)
    Easier? =/. I found it so difficult =(, did you get 96N for the first question? or 96 x 5 to get 480N?

And the last question threw me off too... >.< I hated that exam.

I got 96 N, most people at my school seemed to.

ReputationRep:
    It was so hard! Compared to the past papers it was really difficult, hopefully I haven't done too bad :\

ReputationRep:
    it was definately harder than any past paper i have done :/

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    It was ok, what did you all get for the last question about momentum?
    I hope i got A*, i can think of a good 7 i got wrong :Z
    Lol good luck all!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iepnauy)
    Easier? =/. I found it so difficult =(, did you get 96N for the first question? or 96 x 5 to get 480N?

And the last question threw me off too... >.< I hated that exam.
    Same i got 480N but most people didn't :s
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I had both P2 and P3 today, and I actually found P2 harder

ReputationRep:
    it was really hard but most people agree so hopefully grade boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    Found the paper harder than past papers and harder than the other one's we've just done (C2 and B2).

I got 96N for the first question and just before the end noticed it said something about it being over 5 seconds and worked out it would be 480N, but stuck with 96N. I didn't do so well, i don't think, on the one about the hair standing up on end and the fushion bit as well!!

What did you put for where it happens naturally? I put stars.

ReputationRep:
    First question was 96N, time is irrelevant in F=ma, it was there to trick you I guess. And I got the same, fusion naturally occurs in stars

ReputationRep:
    The sun.
    and i think the seconds was to throw you.
    it was hard :|

ReputationRep:
    I found this paper sooo much harder than that past papers
    did anyone else get 3m/s on the last question?
    and what is the rate of charge or somethingg?
    really want an A* so hopefully boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    Ohh and i put the sun aswell

ReputationRep:
    The hard questions were the Van der Graff generator, the nuclear fusion and part of the resistance.
    For the Van der Graff I said the metal dome is negatively charged, and when the student touched the dome, electrons transfer from dome to student, causing his hair to rise.
    For the nuclear fusion where it said why they would not use fusion reactors I said that it was because of the time-length (was in description). And I said that a practical use would be because it releases a lot of energy when controlled.
    For the cold fusion one being unreliable I said because it was only tested by 2 scientists. And for the journal one, I said since scientists like Albert Einstein were involved, people were more likely to believe it, as they have recognition for famous scientists.
    And for the reason not to use that type of resistance measurer was because it gave the resistance value + or - 50% of the value, so it would be difficult to identify the actual resistance

ReputationRep:
    I found this paper so much harder than the other past papers, and the chemistry and biology.

I got the first question wrong, i wrote down the correct answer, then crossed it out and changed it to another number (thats just my karma). Also got the very last question wrong.... I'm so annoyed as Physics to me, is the most important subject. If i don't get atleast an A, i'll be deeply unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    it was relatively easy.
    the only ones that were hard were about the scientists being respected and listened to.
    i got 3.75 for the last one, what did everyone else get.

for the one about the Van De Graph i write that the guy picks up a charge and his hair stand up because his hair and his body have the same charge so they repel.

ReputationRep:
    i had no ideaa what that question about the LDR was on about when it made me draw a graph =| hopefully the grade boundaries are low though

ReputationRep:
    AS people or A2 ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 1, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.