Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fancy Dress Help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im venturing out to Carnage on the 2nd Feb :woo: and the Theme is Beauty and the Geek:confused: . Thats means 90% are going as a sterotypical geek.. big glasses, braces.. you know the rest.. i fancy being a bit different and need some ideas? i dont want to blend in with the sterotypical geeks.

cheers

ReputationRep:
    you could go as a mad scientist type? lab coat, crazy hair?

ReputationRep:
    Might be a bit too obscure maybe, but I would go as David Byrne.
    And again

It's my dream to one day go to a fancy dress party in a Big Suit like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    you could go as a mad scientist type? lab coat, crazy hair?
    I like this idea, a very Doc Brown look

ReputationRep:
    My brother did an amazing thing for fancy dress. He didn't want to dress up in anything silly, so he made a green diamond, like off the sims over their head, attached it to a headband and stuck it over his head.. may fit in with the geek thing if you wanted, and you wouldn't have to dress up much

ReputationRep:
    It's not 'off something' it is 'from something'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke0011)
    My brother did an amazing thing for fancy dress. He didn't want to dress up in anything silly, so he made a green diamond, like off the sims over their head, attached it to a headband and stuck it over his head.. may fit in with the geek thing if you wanted, and you wouldn't have to dress up much
    this is amazing... im a bit of a geek when it comes to the sims i love it

at the moment i have a really horrible gingery/brown cardy and and green knee high socks and i have got an exercise book and made a cover for it saying "Advance Mathamatics - Pythagoras' Theorem"... but i still need something more i want people to look at me. i got overboard with fancy dress.. i love it

ReputationRep:
    You can be different in the sense that geeks who go to comic book conventions dress up as their favourite character/superhero and there are star wars, star trek geeks etc . So you could wear that type of costume as well as typical geek attire.

ReputationRep:
    This should be in Clothes and Accessories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashleighemma90)
    Im venturing out to Carnage on the 2nd Feb :woo: and the Theme is Beauty and the Geek:confused: . Thats means 90% are going as a sterotypical geek.. big glasses, braces.. you know the rest.. i fancy being a bit different and need some ideas? i dont want to blend in with the sterotypical geeks.

cheers
    Go as Howard from the big bang theory, in a turtle neck and bowl-cut with inaccurate colour-coordination.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.