Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im venturing out to Carnage on the 2nd Feb :woo: and the Theme is Beauty and the Geek:confused: . Thats means 90% are going as a sterotypical geek.. big glasses, braces.. you know the rest.. i fancy being a bit different and need some ideas? i dont want to blend in with the sterotypical geeks.

cheers

ReputationRep:
    you could go as a mad scientist type? lab coat, crazy hair?

ReputationRep:
    Might be a bit too obscure maybe, but I would go as David Byrne.
    And again

It's my dream to one day go to a fancy dress party in a Big Suit like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    you could go as a mad scientist type? lab coat, crazy hair?
    I like this idea, a very Doc Brown look

ReputationRep:
    My brother did an amazing thing for fancy dress. He didn't want to dress up in anything silly, so he made a green diamond, like off the sims over their head, attached it to a headband and stuck it over his head.. may fit in with the geek thing if you wanted, and you wouldn't have to dress up much

ReputationRep:
    It's not 'off something' it is 'from something'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke0011)
    My brother did an amazing thing for fancy dress. He didn't want to dress up in anything silly, so he made a green diamond, like off the sims over their head, attached it to a headband and stuck it over his head.. may fit in with the geek thing if you wanted, and you wouldn't have to dress up much
    this is amazing... im a bit of a geek when it comes to the sims i love it

at the moment i have a really horrible gingery/brown cardy and and green knee high socks and i have got an exercise book and made a cover for it saying "Advance Mathamatics - Pythagoras' Theorem"... but i still need something more i want people to look at me. i got overboard with fancy dress.. i love it

ReputationRep:
    You can be different in the sense that geeks who go to comic book conventions dress up as their favourite character/superhero and there are star wars, star trek geeks etc . So you could wear that type of costume as well as typical geek attire.

ReputationRep:
    This should be in Clothes and Accessories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashleighemma90)
    Im venturing out to Carnage on the 2nd Feb :woo: and the Theme is Beauty and the Geek:confused: . Thats means 90% are going as a sterotypical geek.. big glasses, braces.. you know the rest.. i fancy being a bit different and need some ideas? i dont want to blend in with the sterotypical geeks.

cheers
    Go as Howard from the big bang theory, in a turtle neck and bowl-cut with inaccurate colour-coordination.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.