The Student Room Group

I have no interest

I'm at Uni and in y second year,and I have no interest in going, but at the same time I like what I'm studying... It's more the people and the place everyone is so stuck up. I'm not from a background that's typical to go to Uni, and it shows. I feel like I stick out and I hate it. I need to pass this year and next year I can choose what I study so I can be more involved and interested. But now I couldn't care less about going or doing anything, has anyone else felt like this and got through it, and how?
What you get out will reflect what you put in. It can be difficult feeling that you dont fit in, but sometimes life is like that, and uni especially is about loads of different types of people coming together with the one common aim of learning. Throw yourself into every aspect of uni life, get really involved and I am pretty sure you will start to feel much more accepted.
Join some societies?

That said, I'm in Aberystwyth, home of the oddball, bored and a massive variety of person. We have loads of cheap and varied societies, so... *shrugs*

Latest

Trending

Trending