Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Huddersfield Or Lancaster arrgghh :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have a feeling i should have put this in a different forum sorryyy.....
    I have a dilema

I've been offered places at both Lancaster uni and Huddersfield for Social Work Im pleased to say the least however i just cant decide,tbh its totally stressing me out.

I was really shocked when i visted Huddersfield uni it was trendy and modern the people were great and its not in a bad location but in comparison to Lancaster the repuation ...doesnt compare lol.

However when i visted Lancaster well tbh i thought it was a bit strange...in a strange but cute way.The campus was huuge! and i thought it was a little weird how all the shops were on campus.I get a stonger sense of academia there than i do at hudds but the location for hudds is better ....urgghhhh!

So just based on what u know on the universities what would you suggest
    I'll give u an idea of my personality too just for help.

I like to go to parties and clubs alot but i don't think i could handle every day lol
    I love shopping ..(what girl doesn't)
    Into music from indie and alternative to trance and bassline
    Im from london so im used to constant rushing about and a busy atmospher wouldnt mind going somewhere quiet as long as its not completely dead..
    I like travelling and sightseeing
    dont really like walking too much haaa im lazzzy but will be driving my summer (fingers crossed)
    Dont like feeling trapped or isolated....i dont know what else to tell you to help you
    All i know is i want to have a good time and come out with a good degree.
    Does it matter which institution i get my degree from since its social work?
    What kind of people go to Lancaster and Huddersfield?
    Which one would i be suited to? arrgh i should be asking myself this but my brain is fried with revision so any help or guidance wouldnt go a miss
    Thankyouuu x

ReputationRep:
    Well what kind of people did you meet during your visits to those universities?

Getting a degree from a reputable helps, but there is no point going if you feel the place is a poor fit with your personality. You will get a lot of drinking and partying at any university you go to so long as you have the social skills to find people to do them with.

If you don't mind travelling a bit to find entertainment, maybe Lancaster, which I feel is very underrated, is for you. If not, then go to Huddersfield.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.