Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

black people are supposedly "intellectually inferior"? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    :rolleyes:
    yes but not all black people have the genes that will make them unintelligent.

Eurgh Can't believe I pos repped you once.. I used to think you were honest supporter of Israel but from all your posts I've seen lately I conclude you are just a sad scumbag.
    You can't take it back now, :rolleyes:

I'm not saying there can't be flukes in nature. A recessive gene or two, or interracial mixing from previous generations, etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    You can't take it back now, :rolleyes:

I'm not saying there can't be flukes in nature. A recessive gene or two, or interracial mixing from previous generations, etc
    wait.. wait... so intelligence in a black person can only come from a 'fluke' or a genetic throwback?

yeah sadly enough I can't take it back.. Israel doesn't need support from people like you, only making them look worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAKstriked)
    Why do black people seem to have more of an affinity towards forming gangs etc. It's something I've always wondered. Maybe it's to do with upbringing and poverty.
    They lived as part of various tribes in Africa and still do in some places.

They fought with other tribes, or gangs as they are called nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAKstriked)
    Why do black people seem to have more of an affinity towards forming gangs etc. It's something I've always wondered. Maybe it's to do with upbringing and poverty.
    In the UK, generally speaking, a lot of black kids are brought up in low income families in rough areas. It's not the sort of upbringing that will make them inclined towards work and education.

At home, their parents may be pushing them, and yes many of them do very well academically, but on a broader scale, a lot of them are "led astray" by other kids from a similar low-income family in poverty rife areas.

I know quite a few veryyy VERY clever black kids. But I also know quite a few who are the epitome of "chav". It's sort of the same thing happening with white kids in the UK - the gap between those who do well in school and those who skive off has gotten a lot greater in recent years. Those who skive off tend to be from low income families, and are usually what we call chavs.

(Original post by UGeNe)
    They lived as part of various tribes in Africa and still do in some places.

They fought with other tribes, or gangs as they are called nowadays.
    Oh yeah because every black teenager has fought in a tribe in Africa :curious:
    It might be part of their history and heritage, but the fighting done now isn't tribal, it's err.. zonal (e.g. gangs based on postcodes XD). Those from families who still uphold their tribes honour in the UK might cluster around those from the same tribe, so forming a "gang" - but there's different types of gang.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I really believe in the statement but, well at the Grammar school I moved to for 6th form, there were only 5 black people in my year... and I went to the biggest 6th form in Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    There's no connection between intelligence and race? then why do Asians have higher IQs than Whites? (I'm not Asian myself so please don't bother with ad ho.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinball_heart)
    Not that I really believe in the statement but, well at the Grammar school I moved to for 6th form, there were only 5 black people in my year... and I went to the biggest 6th form in Birmingham.
    Matthew Boulton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)
    Matthew Boulton?
    I said 6th form, not 6th form college!
    Lol at the though of Matthew Boulton being a Grammar School though.

People thought the title of this thread was true 50 years ago in America. No we don't. Shall we move on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbrowneyes)
    Huh?
    Don't you know that the majority of black people live in Africa? No heritage??

I promised myself not to click on this thread ..I knew it would only make me angry.
    Sorry I wasn't clear..in fact reading back over it I'm not sure what message i was trying to get accross O_o I had just woken up, to be fair...

Basically, I mean from the point of view of a black living in Europe. They may call themselves English, French, w/e, but at the end of the day they come from an entirely different continent. Moreover, culture differs greatly (at least it did) between African nations, so unless you trace your ancestors back you wont know where your heritage lies.

Yes I'm well aware what I say goes off the point, is vague, un-educated, all the rest of it.. I find it very hard to argue over race-related issues :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartFool)
    The fact that African-born Blacks (who never experienced Slavery) come to the U.K. and the U.S. and academically outdo every ethnic group here shatters your assertion that Blacks are intellectually inferior ...
    Really?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Continue doing well then, no-one cares

ReputationRep:
    I am saddened by the level of ignorance in this thread, but it's not your fault I guess.

there is no evidence that one race is intellectually superior to another.

no proof, genetic or otherwise, and any experiments done in the past suggesting that there is such a link between the two is false, and unjustifiable after scrutiny.

if you bring IQ into this, I can easily refute it's reliability, but then again it would suggest that asian's are intellectually superior to all other races, and I don't mind agreeing with that, o hohoho ho.

'Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.'

p.s. Alfred Binet, does anyone even know who this is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinball_heart)
    I said 6th form, not 6th form college!
    Lol at the though of Matthew Boulton being a Grammar School though.
    I thought you said you moved from Grammar school to a sixth form, you said 6th form like twice, confusing... And I know Matthew Boulton is not a grammar, I live in Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Inferior should never be mentioned when talking about a race or skin colour.

It's so before Charles Darwins era thinking

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMiestero)
    Intelligence does not depend on race. Whoever thinks this is ignorant imo.
    And yet you would agree that Black people tend to be more athletic? There may be slight differences between groups, who knows...

I think often Black people are just not expected to be academics, university students .etc. People are often surprised when I say that I want to go to university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Inferior should never be mentioned when talking about a race or skin colour.

It's so before Charles Darwins era thinking

:holmes:
    :rofl: Obviously never heard of Scientific Racism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

Or Eugenics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

It flourished in Europe and the United States after Darwin's findings, indeed Darwin himself would be deemed "racist" by today's standards. The West between the 'origin of species' and WW2 was obsessed with eugenics and breeding better humans - based on the Darwinist ideas of various people (not actually Darwin himself).

ReputationRep:
    Got to agree here.
    Immigration --> Less education --> Working class --> Less aspiration --> Low income --> Low intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartFool)
    There is no scientific evidence suggesting that Blacks are genetically and/or intellectually inferior. There are plenty of people out there with a mindset much like your own, and they need to do some serious research ASAP.

The reason why Blacks don't do as well as other ethnic groups in the education arena is psychological and social. Did you know that a vast number of Blacks in the Diaspora suffer from an inferiority complex? Did you also know that many Black children are often discouraged from excelling in academics, and academic achievement is not adequately emphasized in many black households? Your assumption that other immigrant communities are exposed to the same tribulations as Blacks are is the epitome of ignorance. Your assumption is depthless simply because other immigrant communities haven't experienced the downfall that Blacks have. The trans-Atlantic Slave trade, as haunting a topic it may be, is the one setback, and greatest setback, Blacks underwent that no other race can identify with. In fact, much of Black people's issues, both social and psychological, can be traced back to slavery. The fact that African-born Blacks (who never experienced Slavery) come to the U.K. and the U.S. and academically outdo every ethnic group here shatters your assertion that Blacks are intellectually inferior - for African-born Blacks are more black (genetically) than Black Brits, and they are at the top of the ladder where education is concerned. It also adds potency to the fact that Blacks in the Diaspora perform poorly due to solely to social and psychological factors.

I quoted this from "Nebechadnezzar" and thought it was the best argument i've seen in explaining why certain black groups don't do as well as others, but i just wanted to get people's views on this whether you agree or disagree etc ...

Poll
    Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
    Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.