Turn on thread page Beta

Confused about when to apply for Student Loans Company loan? watch

ReputationRep:
    Everybody is saying that you should apply for it before you get a reply from the unis you applied to...but how is that possible? Don't you need to write down, on the application form for the loan, what uni you will be attending? Also, since unis have different fees, how do you know for how much money to ask if you don't know yet what uni you will be attending.

ReputationRep:
    I *think* you do it assuming you will get an offer from your first choice. If things then change, you let Student Finance know the new details.
    We have a meeting about it at college tomorrow, so I'll be more use after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I *think* you do it assuming you will get an offer from your first choice. If things then change, you let Student Finance know the new details.
    We have a meeting about it at college tomorrow, so I'll be more use after that.
    let me know what you find out about this tommorow at the meeting, ok? XX

ReputationRep:
    wait until you have all your offers/rejections.... then chose your firm and insurance and submit these on ucas.... then apply for the loan and put the university as your firm one.... if you then dont get in, you can just change the uni and they will automatically adjust how much money you will get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria13)
    wait until you have all your offers/rejections.... then chose your firm and insurance and submit these on ucas.... then apply for the loan and put the university as your firm one.... if you then dont get in, you can just change the uni and they will automatically adjust how much money you will get.
    u did the same when you applied for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelpic)
    u did the same when you applied for it?
    this is what i did.... and what everyone else in my year and here at uni did.... so this is what i would advise you to do...wait till you have all your offers in.

ReputationRep:
    I've already applied not knowing what my firm and insurance choices will be- I just put down whatever I thought was most likely, even though I might change my mind when I visit the open days. I rang up UCAS beforehand, and they said it was fine to do this as it's relatively simple to change your choice at a later stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    I've already applied not knowing what my firm and insurance choices will be- I just put down whatever I thought was most likely, even though I might change my mind when I visit the open days. I rang up UCAS beforehand, and they said it was fine to do this as it's relatively simple to change your choice at a later stage.
    can you give me a link to where you applied?

ReputationRep:
    can you give me a link to where you applied?
    Yup, here- http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dire...acts/DG_172310

On the right hand side of the page it should say 'apply for student finance'.

ReputationRep:
    You can apply now with any of the uni/courses and later put in a change of circumstances form to change uni/course name and tuition fee amount if these change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    Yup, here- http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dire...acts/DG_172310

On the right hand side of the page it should say 'apply for student finance'.
    how the eff do I sign up to therel i can't find the 'sign up' button.

ReputationRep:
    how the eff do I sign up to therel i can't find the 'sign up' button.
    It says 'apply for student finance' on the right handside - read the whole page?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.