Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everybody is saying that you should apply for it before you get a reply from the unis you applied to...but how is that possible? Don't you need to write down, on the application form for the loan, what uni you will be attending? Also, since unis have different fees, how do you know for how much money to ask if you don't know yet what uni you will be attending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelpic)
    Everybody is saying that you should apply for it before you get a reply from the unis you applied to...but how is that possible? Don't you need to write down, on the application form for the loan, what uni you will be attending? Also, since unis have different fees, how do you know for how much money to ask if you don't know yet what uni you will be attending.

I beleive it is when you have chosen your Firm and Isnurance choice for universities, then you begin applying or accomodation grants and student loans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sad3k)
    I beleive it is when you have chosen your Firm and Isnurance choice for universities, then you begin applying or accomodation grants and student loans.
    do you apply for them separately?

ReputationRep:
    why is this thread on twice?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for mine in April 2008, after I had already chosen my first choice university. You need to apply by the end of June to guarantee having the first instalment in your bank account on time. You should have had replies from your universities by then (I sent my form in October and had all of my offers before the official deadline in January, but I think that was unusually soon!) The tuition fees will be the same wherever you go as far as I am aware. The maintenance loan differs depending on whether you are living away from home, at home, or in London and the grant (if you are eligible) depends on your parents' income, not your university choice. (It just replaces a small part of the loan with a non-repayable grant).

ReputationRep:
    Well i am not sure cll up the student loan company and ask for queries, or perhaps ask someone in your college/school they are bound to have excellent knowledge of this topic.

ReputationRep:
    it says on the direct.gov website "don't wait until you've been offered a place on a course", as you can change the course details later on, with a CO1 form (change of circumstances form) just put your first choice down if you do not have an offer.

link: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...time/DG_171523

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElfManiac)
    I applied for mine in April 2008, after I had already chosen my first choice university. You need to apply by the end of June to guarantee having the first instalment in your bank account on time. You should have had replies from your universities by then (I sent my form in October and had all of my offers before the official deadline in January, but I think that was unusually soon!) The tuition fees will be the same wherever you go as far as I am aware. The maintenance loan differs depending on whether you are living away from home, at home, or in London and the grant (if you are eligible) depends on your parents' income, not your university choice. (It just replaces a small part of the loan with a non-repayable grant).
    i see...
    can someone give a link to where you apply for the loan for tuition fees and the loan for maitnence pls

ReputationRep:
    link i have posted above

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.