Turn on thread page Beta

Help Required (Excel or Access Database) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I was a student a while ago and did a very basic Computer course to get me by with things in this modern age of IT.

What I am looking for is someone who knows Excel spreadsheets inside out and or MS Access. At the moment Excel is a must. It would also be a slight advantage if knowing a little about the sport of kings (Horse Racing).

I have a project on the go at the moment with excel (basic) and require help in bringing it more efficiently to the 21st century. :yep:

Would be grateful if you or you know anyone that would be interested in chatting further about this problem.

I don't bite and you never know what it may lead too.

Sincerley
    Mark (Bulldog007)

If for any reason this posting is not within the rules of the The Student Room, please could you direct me to where I might get the help required.

Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulldog007)
    Hi Everyone,

I was a student a while ago and did a very basic Computer course to get me by with things in this modern age of IT.

What I am looking for is someone who knows Excel spreadsheets inside out and or MS Access. At the moment Excel is a must. It would also be a slight advantage if knowing a little about the sport of kings (Horse Racing).

I have a project on the go at the moment with excel (basic) and require help in bringing it more efficiently to the 21st century. :yep:

Would be grateful if you or you know anyone that would be interested in chatting further about this problem.

I don't bite and you never know what it may lead too.

Sincerley
    Mark (Bulldog007)

If for any reason this posting is not within the rules of the The Student Room, please could you direct me to where I might get the help required.

Much appreciated.
    Feel free to ask away. I can help, so can others, though this may get moved in to Tech soon...

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mikeyd

thanks for replying mate, it is very long winded and me not being tech conversant I would prefer another form of comunica ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulldog007)
    Hi Mikeyd

thanks for replying mate, it is very long winded and me not being tech conversant I would prefer another form of comunica ?
    Whilst that's understandable, you should carry on in here. I guarantee you'll get better results in here than just asking me on my own. don't worry - you're not the first non-techie to ask us questions!

ReputationRep:
    LOL ........... Right I produce a set of Ratings for horses. I have all the previous results from back in November to know. When I filter through my sheet to find similaraties between certain rated horses it takes me ages and I have do it every week so I don't miss winning possibilites.

Now I would like my main sheet to be conected to another 3 sheets which can show me those winning chances ............. this is so difficult to explain ..........

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am no expert in either software but it sounds too me that you need a relational database.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.