Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hit my left foot pretty hard last night on my desk, and this morning and now it has been killing me. It is a dull, aching pain that, when I touch, hurts most from about the centre of my foot, behind the big toe, to just inbetween the big toe and index toe. Also, when i touch just at the base of my foot, to the left, where it feels like the ankle bone meets the base of the leg, it is very tender and hurts to touch.

I cannot arch the big toe back, or when standing, lean outwards on the foot, without it hurting too much. It also hurts when rolling my foot around on both its heel, and toes.

However, there is no swelling, and when walking, it only hurts when im moving the foot. When the foot is laid flat on the floor the floor it doesn't hurt, but moving the foot after it has been laid out hurts.

I am completely perplexed, bruising maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I hear there are trained professionals whose job is to advise and assist with healthcare matters such as these. Perhaps if you can track one down then they may be able to tell you what is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    I hear there are trained professionals whose job is to advise and assist with healthcare matters such as these. Perhaps if you can track one down then they may be able to tell you what is wrong.
    Indeed there are, and they get paid a princely sum for doing just that. However, I didn't want to place a unnecessary burden on an already overworked system with my potentially mediocre podiatry problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bourney)
    Indeed there are, and they get paid a princely sum for doing just that. However, I didn't want to place a unnecessary burden on an already overworked system with my potentially mediocre podiatry problems.
    Well, some potentially very knowledgable people on here could guess as to whether it's bruised, broken etc, but ultimately you won't be sure until a doctor actually has a look at it.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhh, i sink i knouw vot ze probvlem may bee, you aaaa clealy zuffering frum a zore fuut

ReputationRep:
    but seriously, if it still hurts tomorrow, go to the doctor, or call nhs direct

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a nasty bruise, but i studied journalism - all i can really tell you is that it ain't front page news, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    sounds like a nasty bruise, but i studied journalism - all i can really tell you is that it ain't front page news, sorry.
    I'll give you exclusive picture rights to the foot for 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, but you said there was no swelling, so i may have to photoshop it to sex-it up a little - how about some massive swelling, black and blue bruising, and a protruding bone. Also, to make it sale-able, we really gotta try to imply that it was someones fault - should we say that Jeremy Kyle threw a desk at you.... i think that might work? lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.