Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'll try and keep it as short as possible. Really just need to get this off my chest.

I really like a girl that I met around september, we became mates and I developed feelings for her, didn't tell her as I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Asked her mate (who has only recently got close with her, as they are roommates, so not Best mates) for advice, she said she's not looking for a relationship at the moment and as far as she's concerned she just sees me as a close mate.

At first I was like, ok I have my answer now I should move on, but maybe because I asked her mate instead of her I don't have that closure. (Are girls totally honest about this kind of stuff with roommates they've known for a while at uni? she is very shy so I don't know )

I was sure she liked me (but then I guess that was me, as a male, picking up all the wrong signals, or mistaking kindness for something else? ), and to make this clear i'm not really searching for a gf, these feelings just happened (in other words I don't feel the need to move on and find another girl, if that makes sense)

Any advice, my plan was just to stick with the friend thing and see what happens.

Sorry if this is confusing Also if anyone wants to know more details and thinks they can help me further, just let me know and I can PM you just to talk about it in more detail.

Erm well if you are still wondering then you should definitely go and ask her about it.

Secondly girls like confidence .. so erm maybe she is waiting for you to make the first move ?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.