Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    due to some personal circumstances my likely degree class will be a 2.2. I am thinking about applying to london met for MSc in Investment and commodities or there is the option of work. I have been looking around and a lot of the grad schemes ask for a 2.1 so my question is whether it is possible to go into a company directly from uni not in a grad scheme with a 2.2 and also what sort of companies do that.

Any information would be great
    Aaron

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure because I know many grad schemes ask for 2.1 and not with a masters. but some don't mind if you have a masters and some also ask for 2.2 and above so it is really hard to say maybe you should look/ask companies ?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the response i think my plan is to get a masters and than afterwards apply to like the top 50 either investment companies/boutiques or top 50 accountancy two diffrent routes but as we would say "in the money" lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaron_brown12)
    thanks for the response i think my plan is to get a masters and than afterwards apply to like the top 50 either investment companies/boutiques or top 50 accountancy two diffrent routes but as we would say "in the money" lol
    Accountancy yes, investment no - London Met wouldn't get you out of that hole. Have you tried applying to accountany firms? you might not need the MSc if you get lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the replies. i do not want to just do a masters to cover up for my 2.2 although it would look that way i am really intrested in finance and i found this course now in university of birbeck Finance / Finance and Commodities (MSc) which seems interesting. And also another reason for leaving it another year is that i can apply to more firms because most firms now have closed positions meaning i would not be able to apply anyways. I have had one paid work experince with an accountancy firm and also i have had unpaid 2 weeks work experience in the hospital accounts department i dont know if that would increase my chances.

ReputationRep:
    scrap that idea of birbeck its like 15,000 to do the course, does anyone know if i would be able to apply for any work experience/training contract/job in june i know a lot of the training contracts have time limits which are expiring or should i wait till next year (August/September) to apply for 2011 training contract and find some work till than. Thank you in advance for all this help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.