Turn on thread page Beta

The BNP and Zionism. Is the BNP being hypocritical? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axes)
    Ahh, but are you "Anti-Iran"? Do you oppose the existance of the Iraqi state entirely? Because that would be the equivalent of being anti-Zionist, if you really understand the term.
    No, and unfortunately even though I oppose the creation of the Israeli state, when a certain amount of time has passed you get to the situation where the reversal of the situation will cause the same problems.

Same with Northern Ireland, I think it was immoral for the UK to take Ireland, but now I wouldn't support the creation of a united Ireland, whilst there's a democratic wish of the people to remain part of Britain.

With Israel there is never going to be any solution, other than one of "living together", which is going to take people on both sides being willing to view each other as fellow humans and not individuals from the "other side" who have less right to share the earth's resources than they do.

Israel's shocking record of human rights abuses and treatment of Palestinian civilians makes an easy argument for people who want to criticise the state of Israel. Only when that ceased could it have a morally clean position. Sadly, if Israel did end it, the trouble wouldn't stop because there are too many haters outside Israel, who aren't direct victims of Israeli action anyway, they are just haters and always will be. They will attack Israel regardless of whether they are committing widespread atrocities or a living as a peaceful state and paragon of virtue, and when Israel gets attacked it start defending itself again and trying defeat its enemies by force, which will have the usual collateral damage. Israel is going to be hated and hunted by Islamofascists until the end of time. They will never be able to escape the menace because they are too many of them, too dispersed around the globe, and too consumed with having nothing in their meaningless lives except for hate of Israel.

Biggest problem with any argument on the Israel v Palestine debate is both sides have valid points to score about the others behaviour, and the others behaviour has been bad enough to make them harden up and decide "we will do whatever it takes to defeat our enemies, whoever gets caught in the crossfire"

ReputationRep:
    I find it most ironic that many of the faithful members of the BNP are in fact pro-Zionist
    I would have thought they would support other groups who seek to preserve their culture with tight immigration, like Israel, Japan etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    No, and unfortunately even though I oppose the creation of the Israeli state, when a certain amount of time has passed you get to the situation where the reversal of the situation will cause the same problems.

Then you are not really an anti-Zionist. I suspect you never truly understood the term. Remember, you can be critical of Israel while not nesseceraly lowering yourself to the level of being anti-its very existance.

Sadly, if Israel did end it, the trouble wouldn't stop because there are too many haters outside Israel, who aren't direct victims of Israeli action anyway, they are just haters and always will be. They will attack Israel regardless of whether they are committing widespread atrocities or a living as a peaceful state and paragon of virtue, and when Israel gets attacked it start defending itself again and trying defeat its enemies by force, which will have the usual collateral damage.

This allready happened, in Gaza.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.