Turn on thread page Beta

boxing help- hand tape/ hand wraps? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've started boxing 2 weeks ago and I was told that I need to get some hand tape & wraps to protect my wrist.
    I've bought them both but I have a problem. One, is that the wrap I currently have is too small for my hand. I;m going to try and return it. That's not biggie.
    But I was wondering if I should need to use the tape in conjunction with the hand wraps or should I use them separately.
    Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    You don't need that if you have just started, a creape bandage will be more than sufficent.

ReputationRep:
    nope....u can use either....but i always used wraps so i kinda prefer it....both are better than nothing but i guess wraps are more comfortable...whilst tapes are more tight...which is good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    You don't need that if you have just started, a creape bandage will be more than sufficent.
    well i was told that beginners may ned either as their wrists are really weak. My wrists are a little hurt- they're getting better but I want to be able to train and I hadn't been using any protection before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    well i was told that beginners may ned either as their wrists are really weak. My wrists are a little hurt- they're getting better but I want to be able to train and I hadn't been using any protection before.
    I use wraps and then tie my wrist (over the wrap) with the silver tape you get out of hardware stores...

That's what I've done since day one...

ReputationRep:
    Just use wraps, you can get them cheap of the net and they're reusable.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.