Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looking at getting one, and its at the top end of our budget

Do you think a diesel thats done 90,000 miles, one woman ownder, very good condition, fsh is going to last a while?

currently have a 2007 clio, 1.2 but only done 30,000 miles. Its just the 90k thats putting me off, though dielsels run for longer dont they?

thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    well golfs are known for their reliability so i don't think you should worry too much about that, it's usually down to luck anyway... just make sure the woman hasn't smashed it up already

ReputationRep:
    If the car is well maintained in the future it should be good for at least another 90k.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think this will be an issue <90,000 miles>

looking at this motor (i have no idea about cars btw)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...%2F1&logcode=p

is the mileage too high - will it be fecked before its even done a fair bit for me? WIll probs to an aa check too for assurance because dont want to buy a crapper

thanks

ReputationRep:
    It has a comprehensive warranty...can't go wrong. Plus VW Golf is a very good car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    It has a comprehensive warranty...can't go wrong. Plus VW Golf is a very good car.
    thats just the screen i thought :eek:

btw: have some rep mate, ur the first person to rep me way back when

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    thats just the screen i thought :eek:

btw: have some rep mate, ur the first person to rep me way back when
    No the way I read it, it was the entire car, but you should probably check!

Thanks mate, sure thing!

ReputationRep:
    forgot in the other thread i mentioned the mileage lol sorry for the cross post, didnt realise
    Make sure to get T&Cs of the warranty if you do go with this car. Other than that it looks pretty good..... I'd buy it, if I could.

ReputationRep:

is the mileage too high - will it be fecked before its even done a fair bit for me? WIll probs to an aa check too for assurance because dont want to buy a crapper

thanks
    The mileage is slightly high howeverget it checked out VW are very reliable and you should at least get another 30-50000 miles out of it, and its silver and in good nick so grab it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    No the way I read it, it was the entire car, but you should probably check!

Thanks mate, sure thing!

ReputationRep:
    I think modern engines are far more reliable than the used to especially diesels. I think most engines these days are good for up to 250k miles provided they arent driven by boy racers. With this many miles on a car this new it is likely that most of the miles are motorway miles so the engine should be fine. Take it for a test drive though to listen out for any unexpected noises.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, so you have to pay over the odds maybe to start with, but that is an incredible offer. Just check, double check and triple check what the warranty includes!

thanks
    dont worry about the mileage as long as its been looked after. Properly cared for, the average modern car (esp. a vw) will comfortably last 150-200,000 miles

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.