Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of universities in Scotland making offers based on points?

My course at Glasgow caledonian i applied for asks for BBBBB(over two sittings) and 300 points (over two sittings)

BBBBB in terms of points is 325.

However points wise I have 317 (which is still over 300 but not quite 325).

In terms of grades i fall short:

AH Geography - D
    H P.E - B
    H Geography - B
    H Product Design - B
    H English - C
    H Maths - D

Do you think I could be made an unconditional offer due to my points?

ReputationRep:
    is it written as AND or is it OR...

I mean - do they say the typical entry requirements are BBBBB and 300 points, or is it BBBBB or 300 points. If it is the latter and as you have more than 300 points then you have techically exceeded the entry requirements so it could be an unconditional offer. But if they want BBBBB and 300 points then you don't have that yet. Additionally does it say you can use your AH towards the points tally or is it just from Highers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    is it written as AND or is it OR...

I mean - do they say the typical entry requirements are BBBBB and 300 points, or is it BBBBB or 300 points. If it is the latter and as you have more than 300 points then you have techically exceeded the entry requirements so it could be an unconditional offer. But if they want BBBBB and 300 points then you don't have that yet. Additionally does it say you can use your AH towards the points tally or is it just from Highers?
    it says neither 'and' or 'or' - its set out like this:

Higher BBBB(one sitting) BBBBB(two sittings)
    Ucas Tariff 240 points (300 over two sittings)

http://www.gcal.ac.uk/study/undergra...924.php?loc=uk

Not very clear i know. Glasgow caley website mentions absolutely nothing about advanced highers anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    it says neither 'and' or 'or' - its set out like this:

Higher BBBB(one sitting) BBBBB(two sittings)
    Ucas Tariff 240 points (300 over two sittings)

http://www.gcal.ac.uk/study/undergra...924.php?loc=uk

Not very clear i know. Glasgow caley website mentions absolutely nothing about advanced highers anywhere.
    With your points, I don't think they'd let you have H geography and AH geography. They will just count the AH... so then you'd have 288 points in total which again is short of 300. This is just what I'd assume though as I know Edinburgh won't count it twice, but other universities might be different. I would advise contacting them to check as if they let you use both geography grades you're over 300 but if you can't then you are not.

I'm working it as 72 + (2 x 65) + 50 + 36 = 288

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of points, I think it means you still have to get BBBBB.

ReputationRep:
    Most places aren't going to let you count a Higher and an Advanced Higher as seperate points and will take the higher of the two. I would assume that as long as you hit the five B target, points aren't going to matter.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.