The Student Room Group

Thinking of transfering universities

Ok, so thank you for reading this.

I am seriously thinking about transferring unis....
I currently to to UWE, but I am realy quite unhappy (my flat mates are nice, but were not 'best friends' if you know what I mean)...therefore I have no-one to live with next year (Thats not what Im worried about, because I can always live with other students next year)....
but

I live very near London, and basically, I am very home sick. I also have always wanted to work in a London hospital (Im doing nursing), so I don't realy know why I didn't choose a London uni in the 1st place.

Am I a complete reject?! because I feel like it.

I am thinking about transferring to Kingston university (s.t georges) and living with my boyfriend in/near Kingston.

Do many people actually transfer unis? Because when I spoke to the man at Kingston on the phone...he seemed quite rude and thought I was rude for turning them down in the first place.

Is it a big problem moving? I feel so depressed and stupid.

Has anyone been in the same boat? I would realy appreciate some advice :frown:
My post was deleted :indiff:

I said "in b4 wrong forum" :yes:
OP, if you're not happy change it. 3/4 years (not sure if it's longer or what for nursing) to be unhappy for. If you feel your life would be significantly improved by moving to Kingston and living with your boyfriend there, then do so. (I checked quickly the rough Times Online university rankings for nursing and you'd be moving from approximately a #32 uni to #31 uni, so it's a negligible difference).

I'd ring Kingston again, or go to the UWE student advice office. If you ring again you may get a less rude man. Just stress how you desperately want to go to Kingston and regret making the choice you have - many students transfer, they have no right to judge you for it.

:hugs: hope everything cheers up for you OP.

Latest

Trending

Trending