Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Washing Machine woes. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is the wrong place....

Anyway, found my washing machine flashing orange lights today. Not used it in a couple of days. I tried unplugging and stuff but still the same. I will calling someone out but I was just wondering if anyone knew what was up with it? What do the lights mean? I only bought it in August ffs.

Plus the receipt is full of 28 days bullcrap....isn't there any garrentee?? I'm sure things like this are automatically 1 year garrentee!!

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    You are protected by legislation and are (more than likely) entitled to a working replacement.

Unless, of course, you've been using it without proper care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    You are protected by legislation and are (more than likely) entitled to a working replacement.

Unless, of course, you've been using it without proper care.
    Even if I don't pay that insurance (is it insurance?) thing? You know that thing they ask when you buy something?

But anyway that is good news, and yes I have looked after it well.....it's all different now when you buy your own expensive things yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Even if I don't pay that insurance (is it insurance?) thing? You know that thing they ask when you buy something?

But anyway that is good news, and yes I have looked after it well.....it's all different now when you buy your own expensive things yourself
    When you buy new goods, you are legally entitled to expect it to do what it should do, for a reasonable time.

The insurance they try to sell you is pretty much a waste of money as you are already covered by the Sale of Goods Act.

ReputationRep:
    It means it's on.......

no seriously what's under the lights?

ReputationRep:
    Just get an East end thug:

ReputationRep:
    What make and model is your washing machine, OP?. Perhaps a google search may throw up some answers to your problem. I have to say though, I would expect to have at least a years warranty on a new electrical appliance, very surprised that your reciept only says 28 days.

ReputationRep:
    My dads been fixing them for over 10 years. I could ask him, need more info though like make and model.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    It means it's on.......

no seriously what's under the lights?
    (Original post by Annie72)
    What make and model is your washing machine, OP?. Perhaps a google search may throw up some answers to your problem. I have to say though, I would expect to have at least a years warranty on a new electrical appliance, very surprised that your reciept only says 28 days.
    (Original post by Viridis)
    My dads been fixing them for over 10 years. I could ask him, need more info though like make and model.
    Sorry I'm a bit late!
    It's a Hotpoint WML730 Aquirius +
    The lights are the wash cycle phase lights and the function lights....basically all lights are a flashing.

ReputationRep:
    google the problem, usually comes up with some answers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I'm a bit late!
    The lights are the wash cycle phase lights and the function lights....basically all lights are a flashing.

I"ve been having a look around ( and theres not much to tell me what could be wrong tbh) but I have found one or two possibilities:

1) It could be a blocked filter or pump, so check as they may need cleaning out.That could work, or it could not. Not very helpful, sorry.
    and

2) It could be a fault with the washing machines memory and you might need a new printed circuit board ( also called a PCB) which would hopefully solve the problem.

You could aslo phone hotpoint service department and see what they say.I hope you get it sorted as I know what a pain it is when the washing machine isnt working properly. Mine recently broke down, it was years old and I had to get a new one.

Sorry I'm a bit late!
    Do you have the manual for the washing machine? Take a look in the back of the book and there should be a troubleshooting section. Try matching up your description of the problem with the troubleshooting questions they have in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I"ve been having a look around ( and theres not much to tell me what could be wrong tbh) but I have found one or two possibilities:

1) It could be a blocked filter or pump, so check as they may need cleaning out.That could work, or it could not. Not very helpful, sorry.
    and

2) It could be a fault with the washing machines memory and you might need a new printed circuit board ( also called a PCB) which would hopefully solve the problem.

You could aslo phone hotpoint service department and see what they say.I hope you get it sorted as I know what a pain it is when the washing machine isnt working properly. Mine recently broke down, it was years old and I had to get a new one.
    The filter and stuff is fine...but I will have to call someone out about the memory thing. Been so busy hehe!
    Yeah I had a really old one before this and it died....but this dies 4 months after a bought it? crazyness!

Thanks for helping me out :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    Do you have the manual for the washing machine? Take a look in the back of the book and there should be a troubleshooting section. Try matching up your description of the problem with the troubleshooting questions they have in there.
    Just have and it says turn on and off....if that doesn't work call a service person out......which I will do now :sigh: still annoying that it's broken already though

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.