Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How did you find out about sex? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My first day at school when I was 5. A girl in the year above told me and I went home and told my 3 year old brother. =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Don't sound dissapointed
    But that would have been such an interesting story!

ReputationRep:
    Trial and Error.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    But that would have been such an interesting story!

ReputationRep:
    This thread.

ReputationRep:
    I've blocked out the actual event but I'm still mentally scared about how I found out :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I think it was when I was six, because my mum was pregnant with my youngest brother. My other brother (who was four at the time) asked how people get pregnant. She actually told us.

Though he got a bit confused and scared - he thought the guy had to unscrew his penis and take it off to put it into the woman. This still makes me laugh even now, 12 years later.
    :lol: This made me chuckle, i love how children think about things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    I don't know about you, but when I first had proper sex education in my last years at primary school, I don't recall being particularly surprised by any of the things I learnt. But I also don't remember my parents telling me about it, or my friends. I have no idea how I found out about sex, or how old I was when I realised! I was wondering if any of you remember how you found out about it all?
    This is how the first human learned:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post20123192

ReputationRep:
    My mum told me when I was 10/11 that there was a book in a cupboard in the kitchen if I had any questions about sex, periods, etc. Best way to do it I think, avoids any awkwardness and gives all the details (academic ones anyway!) It was talked about in the final 2 years of primary school though but I don't remember ever being told exactly, I guess I just gathered bits of information. I was always fascinated though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    I've blocked out the actual event but I'm still mentally scared about how I found out :bawling:
    You saw your parents, didn't you.

ReputationRep:
    My mum told me when she was younger she worked in an inner city nursery. Most of the children's parents were prostitutes and pimps. She often walked in on the children of nursery age performing sexual acts on each other...:|

ReputationRep:
    When I was 10ish I saw a man 'beating up' a women on TV....

...."Oh what a wierd fight" I thought to myself.

Need I say anymore? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I cant remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catchkt)
    My mum told me when she was younger she worked in an inner city nursery. Most of the children's parents were prostitutes and pimps. She often walked in on the children of nursery age performing sexual acts on each other...:|
    Pics or it didn't happen =|

I honestly can't remember, just lessons in primary school I think. I remember one person asked if the baby would fall out during pregnancy if the person had diarrhea. Oh how we all laughed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, friends, maybe...

I remember crawling under tables to look up skirts in year 3.

ReputationRep:
    I think I accidently came across 'reproductive system' whilst flicking through the dictionary. There were pictures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    I don't know about you, but when I first had proper sex education in my last years at primary school, I don't recall being particularly surprised by any of the things I learnt. But I also don't remember my parents telling me about it, or my friends. I have no idea how I found out about sex, or how old I was when I realised! I was wondering if any of you remember how you found out about it all?
    I learn't at church

ReputationRep:
    Our Local Education Authority seemed slightly behind the times compared with others.

I remember wanting a brother (which I got) and then a sister (which I also got) but as I was only about 5-7 at the time, I knew that babies could be made, just I didn't really give a damn about how they were made. Kind of like a car - you don't care how it's made just as long as Peugeot or whoever make it and you like it (I didn't like either my resulting brother or sister though).

I first learned about sex properly just after I started secondary school, sometime in late 2001 it would have been. A rather tatty videotape was being played on one of those ANCIENT wooden TVs that every school seemed to have. As we were year 7s, we were all pissing ourselves laughing at what the video was talking about. Needless to say we learned from it, whether or not we found it hilarious

EDIT: I think it was also discussed between me n mah mates about 9/10/11, once my ex best mate (who is a total knobend) moved in next door to me when I was about 8.

ReputationRep:
    ya mum

ReputationRep:
    Google introduced me e-faps, although we were taught about sex back when i was 10ish lol o.o
    Edit: Google is to blame the amount of tissue i wasted =( ....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.