The Student Room Group
Reply 1
depends why, if it's cos I stayed up not so much angry, if it's cos my dad snored, or watched the tv loud all night I'd be really mad.

It's more like if i stay up to my normal time and have to get up early for college over and over, it takes it's toll by tuesday lol

Do perk up in the evening, probably just cos i'm at home though
Reply 2
I dont feel anxious, I just can't concentrate properly, and my eyes hurt, and I feel generally sleepy. I may perk up but not till about 8pm. but this usually happens if I have to be up at 6am and dont get to sleep till 1am.
Reply 3
I really struggle to put my head on a pillow and go to sleep. It's much easier for me to just watch T.V and then drift off - if that means that I wake up to home shopping on Comedy Central then so be it but I tend to find that I can manage with relatively little sleep, so say if I fall asleep at 4am and have a 7am start, then it's no problem waking up and getting up then. I don't get anxious, I don't really get irritable and I rarely feel tired (unless I'm being driven somewhere - what an odd feeling that is :smile: )
I feel jittery, my joints feel a bit like jelly, my eyes want to close, I feel like I don't want to be around other people etc.

There is a phenomenon about going "beyond the point of tiredness" and can be argued that some people have several of these points depending on how long they've been awake. This is probably why you feel much less tired beyond 6pm each day. It's then, believe it or not, HARDER to get to sleep if you try to.
Reply 5
Funny how some people can manage on 4 hours sleep a night, and I need around 8 (but more would be great!) before I feel ready to go and alert.
Tiring.
It feels like when you stay up all night with your mate talking about what a shark/man hybrid would look like and how **** a predator it would be (sharks can only look sideways) and then going straight from there to your comparative politics seminar at 10am. Currently I'm so tired that I'm hyperactive and laugh at pretty much anything. I have an essay to write for tomorrow and I'm pretty sure after I've done that I'll probably be on the brink of death.
Reply 8
Anonymous
When you get say only 5/6 hours of sleep or sleep from say 5am - 11am what do you feel like throughout the day? Do you get like an anxious, irritable feeling ir do you simply just feel tired? Do you feel rubbish all day and then perk up about 6pm?

I get into fights on these days because im just in a bad mood...however I have learnt to control it by having caffine especially the RED BULL it gives me wings for a while till the evening..
5 or 6! That's a good night! :biggrin:

I'm a terrible sleeper.

Usually if I have less than I need I'm... well, tired. That's all.

If I've only had an hour or I'm all-nightering I get really hyper, chat to strangers and the edges of things move more than they should. If I've gone >30 hours I randomly weep on people. Then at >36 I get cheerful again. At this point I pass out somewhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending