Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone happen to know of good revision materials or the written exam.

In addition to this I also need something that can help me to improve my aural skills.

Also if there is any decent work on my setworks could you also inform me of these.
    My set works being:
    Brandenburg Concerto No.2, 1st Movement - Bach
    Symphony No. 5, 1st Movement - Beethoven
    Violin Concerto, 1st Movement - Mendelssohn
    Piano Concerto in G Major, all movements - Ravel

Many thanks to whomever can contribute to this.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm guessing that you are doing the WJEC board, as they are the set pieces I did for AS and I'm currently studying the Ravel

We got provided with notes that WJEC sent to our college so if you ask your teacher they may have them, and they are REALLY helpful.

I think that the best way to improve your aural skills and to get to know your set works is to listen, listen, listen. Listen for all the sequences and things, particularly in the Brandenburg concerto. You don't realise how much you pick up just by listening and you soon get to know the piece inside out. Also listen to as much other classical music as you can. I recommend downloading spotify as you can pop in the name of a composer and it brings up loads of stuff for you to listen to

I know when I did the exam last year I couldn't find any revision materials other than the ones given by WJEC but I shall have a look to see if I can find any stuff for the Ravel and will let you know if I do

Hope some of that helped!

ReputationRep:
    I know it's probably a bit too late (sorry!) but I found the 'Cambridge Companion to Ravel' really helpful, especially as I'm doing MU6(B) - the extra essay on Ravel.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.