Turn on thread page Beta

Am I an ungrateful *****? watch

ReputationRep:
    I can see both sides, just googled the fox, I think it's quite nice actually! In black it would be lovely, I'd be happy with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    I can see both sides, just googled the fox, I think it's quite nice actually! In black it would be lovely, I'd be happy with it
    It doesn't look bad...but some of it's reviews :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    It doesn't look bad...but some of it's reviews :eek:
    Oh really? As in, it is an unsafe car?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're being really ungrateful, that you're being a bit of a spoilt brat and you don't realise how lucky you are. You're smart and want to reason your way logically through the situation to show that your parents are being unreasonable, but you don't understand that it's a gift, not a right. They can be as unreasonable as they like, you can ask but you can't tell or argue with them.

I was never bought a car, no one paid for me to take driving lessons; just be grateful and, even if there are no financial considerations like petrol, let them do what they will.

Also I'm just saying you're *being* these things; you're obviously a good natured, loving person who wants to do what's best and I wouldn't say you *are* those things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Oh really? As in, it is an unsafe car?
    The main issues seem to be the body roll when cornering and the inability of the suspension to mitigate any bumps/potholes.

I have a friend who test drove one...not a good review there but it seems to be a recurring theme with the Fox.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, why is this under health?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthevet123)
    Because it's in the wrong section of the Health and Relationship forum.

ReputationRep:
    Have they said why they want you to have the Fox?

Don't forget that they are probably paying the bills for it so although the Polo might only be £600 more in cost it will cost more to run etc.

If I was offered a brand new car, I'd take it no questions asked!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a single-sided problem. If your parents are determined to get the Fox they shouldn't have brought you into the decision making at all. Seems like they made you feel like you could have a say in what car you get and then decided on their own anyway. I also understand you want the Polo more.

At the same time if your parents feel the Fox will work out better for them financially, you should take it and just be grateful because no matter what car you get it is a present and you should not turn down a present just because it's not exactly what you wanted. So in this respect, once you found out you're getting the Fox you should have just gone along with it and been thankful!

ReputationRep:
    Foxy lady

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    You are ungrateful! The only reason you don't want the fox is because you don't think you will look cool infront of your mates! How do I know this... well because you want the slightly cooler Polo
    Nah, it's really not that. It's my personal taste, nothing to do with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    have you ever thought that maybe your dad had a reason for buying you that car? maybe hes getting a good deal on it cos he cant, like most peples parents, afford to get you anything more expensive than that. Also, whos paying insurance etc?
    a car is a car, no-one under 25 is expected to be driving anything particularly nice. Be grateful that youre being bought a car in the first place...i had to pay for every single lesson, my car, insurance etc etc etc i didnt have any help from my parents.

tbh, yeah i think you are being a little ungrateful and immature, we cant always have what we want in life, but at least your parents are trying to give you what you want..namely a car. if i were you id go and say thanks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    Foxy lady
    :rofl:
    If I do get a Fox, she's being called Cleopatra

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty jelous. you get A car. I have to save up for a car, insurance, tax etc etc by myself. But i get what you mean. I'd be the same, but still, it's A car. And its your first one....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthevet123)
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    For what?
    Fot what?
    You will understand when you are mother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superspaceship)
    Fot what?
    You will understand when you are mother
    Huh :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lefneosan)
    If your dad is trading his old car he is probably getting 2 grand off the fox because it is new. Pay that *****!
    this. I don't think your taking this fact into consideration. If you still fail to see your dads reasoning after this, then yes I would call you ungratefull.

Plus the fox isn't much different than the polo anyway... just looks a little more aerodynamic at the front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    this. I don't think your taking this fact into consideration. If you still fail to see your dads reasoning after this, then yes I would call you ungratefull.

Plus the fox isn't much different than the polo anyway... just looks a little more aerodynamic at the front.
    It's £600 of a difference in total, with the trade-in taken into account.
    I'm coming around to it....mainly because between no car and a car I'd go for the latter...

ReputationRep:
    :troll:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.