Turn on thread page Beta

If you could have quite a cosy life... watch

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't have bills to pay (probably living with parents or off someone eles though)
    You wouldn't have to work/ study etc
    You could read books or something if you wanted to be inteletually stimulated and maybe focus on fitness if you felt like you wern't doing enough/ needed to be out and about.
    You could meet up with friends anytime you want, go out drinking any day etc.
    You could even volunteer if you really wanted to give back.

Would you? Or is there more to having a job/ going to university that makes that important for you.

(I hate my job...)

ReputationRep:
    I think I would like the feeling of knowing I had accomplished something at Uni or work but it does sound like a pretty cushty life!
    What is your job that you hate so much?

ReputationRep:
    If I won the lottery, I'd certainly do what you've just said, though I'd study a lot and also learn how to play the piano, amongst other things!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. All of it sounds good apart from living off parents. I would hate to do that my whole life. I always have way to many books to read and films to watch though so I would definitely like to have time to do that.

ReputationRep:
    If i could travel as much as i wanted i'd say yes but i'd always regret not studying science (without lab access there would be much point) and trying to do something useful. It would also be hard to make friends and I think it would make me boring/obnoxious.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good =) cuz id like to travel a lot and read and go out and yeah xD but i'd also like to get a degree in graphic design/illustration first and get a bit of the uni life =)

ReputationRep:
    The idea that I could sit around all day having a laugh with my friends sounds fun. But I think eventually I'd get bored .. I'd need something going on in my brain or I would literally drive myself crazy! And I dont like the idea of living off my parents, I'd feel quite guilty and I have a feeling they'd use it to their advantage lol.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly my life at the moment. It's pretty miserable.

There is no way I could live like this forever. I think there is a definate need to be financially independant - but if you're worried about that, the best idea is to try your hardest to make money in a way you enjoy. My God, I hope I manage to.

Personally, I'm the sort of person who would waste away as 'little wifey' in a game of house. I want to get my cognitive fingers into the world, even if I end up living for the most part with a tent strapped to my back and all my worldly possessions in a briefcase.

ReputationRep:
    I would give anything to have that lifestyle.

My bf's mum is pretty much like that. Obviously, she's brought up 3 kids, but she's never worked so has been a housewife.
    I'd do the same minus the kid thing lol. But then in this day and age one must provide for oneself, so it's not likely I'll be living a cushty life like that in the OP any time soon lol.

ReputationRep:
    After the exam I just sat, 100% yes.

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do that, no.
    To me, life is about all of the things that currently make it up. I think it's extremely important to be independent and to pay your own way, and I value learning and intend to continue it in some way throughout my life. I do a lot of volunteering at the moment (and have a voluntary job), but also love my career.

A life without work or self-improvement would seem empty to me. Mine's perfect as it is.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, I have that choice (kind of) at the moment - I'm working fulltime now, going to be going part-time from February and going back to uni for a year. My parents will keep me in the lap of luxury for the year if I want to. They fully expect that they will and that I'll give up work. They want to lodge £1200 fees into my account when the invoice comes (it's already come and I've paid it and not told them yet). But I don't want to give up work, I like my independence, dependence on someone is the worst feeling in the world for me. If I won the lottery then hell yeah I'd want a cosy life, but only if it was my money

ReputationRep:
    To have just the bills paid is not enough I'm afraid. To coast through on a mediocre lifestyle is not good enough, to meet certain ambitions I'll have to deal with a highly competative, stress filled life. If it means it will lead to me where I want to then I much prefer a stressful life over a cosy one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    After the exam I just sat, 100% yes.

Is it C3 by any chance?
    Because I just did it, and it raped me big time :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Is it C3 by any chance?
    Because I just did it, and it raped me big time :sigh:
    Same.

Was yours OCR?

If it was, you'll understand exactly how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes! But I wouldn't just sit around - I would probably do more writing and I might even study a new subject. I would love that.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt do it if it means me scrounging off someone else no but if i won the lottery or pools or something then hell yeah

tbh though i would want to work but i would do my dream job and not just something to get by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Same.

Was yours OCR?

If it was, you'll understand exactly how I feel.

Mine was Edexcel, the hardest maths paper I've ever sat in my life :eek3:
    Looks like all boards made super hard c3 papers this time round :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I did the whole cosy life for 9 months (as my course started in March 09 and i finished college in June 08) it was brilliant for the first 4 months but after that it got to the stage where Id just sleep all the time because I was so bored!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Mine was Edexcel, the hardest maths paper I've ever sat in my life :eek3:
    Looks like all boards made super hard c3 papers this time round :dry:
    Bastra C3.

This was the only exam I was looking forward to aswel.

The rest are going to be...:facepalm2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.