Turn on thread page Beta

OCR (MEI) Mathematics C3 20/01/2010 watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the paper?
    Easy
    19.12%
    OK-ish
    41.18%
    Hard
    36.76%
    I'm not sure/ i didnt take the exam/ ?
    2.94%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennykwan)
    Was there a meant to be an insert for question 9 for the sketch the graph question?
    I made the most stupid mistake.

I misread the question and assumed it said draw it on the question paper with f(x) and i've returned the question paper with my answer paper now gosh I hope I don't lose marks.

Damn it, damn it, damn it!

ReputationRep:
    The proof was that g[-(-f(x)]=g[f(x)], since the negatives cancel to produce a positive, Proving that it is an even function.

Can anyone remember the second graph transformation one? I think i put one of the values as -1 as there was a reflection in the x-axis and then a translation of 1 unit up the y-axis. Is this right??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdw10)
    one of the easiest C3 papers yet i thought, any 1 know the usual coursework grade boundaires?
    I know that 15/18 is usually the boundary for a grade A on the coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaya09)
    The proof was that g[-(-f(x)]=g[f(x)], since the negatives cancel to produce a positive, Proving that it is an even function.

Can anyone remember the second graph transformation one? I think i put one of the values as -1 as there was a reflection in the x-axis and then a translation of 1 unit up the y-axis. Is this right??
    Yes, I think it was a=1 and either b=1, c=-1 or b=-1,c=1 (because sin(-x)=-sin(x)).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Game_boy)
    Yes, I think it was a=1 and either b=1, c=-1 or b=-1,c=1 (because sin(-x)=-sin(x)).
    Did you get at least one 0 per graph?
    I know I did .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Did you get at least one 0 per graph?
    I know I did .
    a=0 on the first graph. That was all.

ReputationRep:
    answer to question 1 was ln5?
    e^2x-5e^x=0

what did you get for coords of P and Q in section B
    was it xcos2x=0 or xcos3x=0?

hardest paper ive ever had to do lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.ward91)
    answer to question 1 was ln5?
    e^2x-5e^x=0

what did you get for coords of P and Q in section B
    was it xcos2x=0 or xcos3x=0?

hardest paper ive ever had to do lol

yeah cos e^2x=5e^x and logging makes ln 5

xcos3x=0 so working that out, P should be pi/6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdw10)
    one of the easiest C3 papers yet i thought, any 1 know the usual coursework grade boundaires?
    MAX, A, B, C, D,E,U

January 2009:
    (18) 15 13 11 9 8 0
    June 2008:
    (18) 15 13 11 9 8 0
    January 2008:
    (18) 15 13 11 9 8 0
    June 2007:
    (18) 15 13 11 9 8 0
    January 2007:
    (18) 14 12 10 9 8 0
    June 2006:
    (18) 14 12 10 9 8 0

So I think we can reckon that they'll probably stick the same as in recent years again

ReputationRep:
    I have got a copy of the paper, drop me a PM if anyone is interested :p: - Cant be bothered to scan it in at the moment lol

ReputationRep:
    What an arse of a paper.

I need an A in it as well >;[

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the result for this paper (on your results) includes the coursework, or is that given separately?

On my results I have: "MATHS: MEI METHODS FOR ADVANCED MATH" 'A' '91' is that 91% UMS for the exam + coursework combined?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkS2)
    Does anyone know if the result for this paper (on your results) includes the coursework, or is that given separately?

On my results I have: "MATHS: MEI METHODS FOR ADVANCED MATH" 'A' '91' is that 91% UMS for the exam + coursework combined?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    82/90 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzi!)
    Yes
    Thanks! Still possible to get an A* then I think, I thought I'd blown it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    100/100 .
    I'm a lucky geek though and it's my best result. Be interesting to see the markscheme though because I was sure I got things wrong. Just goes to show it was a tough test because I don't think that's 100% raw marks by a long shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkS2)
    Thanks! Still possible to get an A* then I think, I thought I'd blown it.
    No problem
    And well done by the way.. you're on track for an A* then
    I got 92 today and am hoping for A* too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    100/100 .
    I'm a lucky geek though and it's my best result. Be interesting to see the markscheme though because I was sure I got things wrong. Just goes to show it was a tough test because I don't think that's 100% raw marks by a long shot.
    Gosh well done!!
    Yes, it will be interesting to see what the ground boundaries are like because i think they will be quite low.. it was a very tough paper!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by suzi!)
    Gosh well done!!
    Yes, it will be interesting to see what the ground boundaries are like because i think they will be quite low.. it was a very tough paper!

Yeah. Do you know when they release that sort of stuff? And markschemes with exam reports and things? Hope it's not sad for us to just trawl through the grade boundaries of exams we've already done just because we're curious . I have a feeling that C3 paper was the hardest they've ever set just because of the outroar it got from these forums afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    Yeah. Do you know when they release that sort of stuff? And markschemes with exam reports and things? Hope it's not sad for us to just trawl through the grade boundaries of exams we've already done just because we're curious . I have a feeling that C3 paper was the hardest they've ever set just because of the outroar it got from these forums afterwards.
    Hmm.. i'm not sure actually, i think it usually takes a couple of months for the mark schemes to come online (we'll have probably forgotten it all by then! :rolleyes:) but the grade boundaries should come up quite soon.
    And it definitely isn't sad..!! :p: well at leat i hope not because the AQA grade boundaries were released today and i was looking through them with great interest :p:!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.