The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hippysnake
MEI, not Edexcel. ^^

Found it really hard.
Was the integration between O and P or P and Q?

O and P I think. I found it really hard as well.
Reply 41
Hippysnake
Did you get 2root3 /3 or something like that?

I found that really hard.

Also, was the integration in q8 between O and P or P and Q. I and half my class did O and P but some did P and Q?

yeah it was definitely between O and P cos i remember the question. what did everyone get as co-ords of P? i got pi/6, dunno if thats correct:s-smilie:
Rich-1991
the exam was pretty hard, question 9 was a bit annoying with drawing the graph of the inverse function. some parts were hard some were fairly easy:biggrin:

yeah, my diagram was messy lol, hope the examiner is nice...
I think it'll be nice to have a poll so its clear to see what most ppl thought of it.
Reply 44
JumpingJonny
I think so can't really remember but it sounds familiar, and it was between O and P I believe.

Yeah! you equate the first line

And you should end up with x^2= 1/3

So x= 1/sqrt(1/3) or sqrt(3)/3 depending on what calculator you got

Well done, soundsl ike you got it right!
Rich-1991
yeah it was definitely between O and P cos i remember the question. what did everyone get as co-ords of P? i got pi/6, dunno if thats correct:s-smilie:

So did I :smile:
Reply 46
Rich-1991

Perfect answer!

And also, I keep thinking I made a carrying error on the temperature logs question

What did you guys get for the constant k?
Reply 47
I found it all pretty easy except the second half of question 6 (...hence prove gf(x) is even).
Rich-1991

Yeah that what I got and Q was either pi/4 or pi/3 I cant remember :s-smilie: (I am not sure either how I have forgotten so much of the paper in such a small amount of time).
josh_a_y
Perfect answer!

And also, I keep thinking I made a carrying error on the temperature logs question

Don't remember exactly :s-smilie: something like 0.1 something...I put more d.p down but I don't know what they were!
Reply 50
josh_a_y
Perfect answer!

i believe k was something like 0.139? you could of checked it back in the exponential equation and it would of given u the correct answer
DUDES

what did ppl get for Q5 for the graph tranformations.

i got 1 + sin2x ( a= 1 , b=1 c =2 )

and -sinx +1 ( a=1 , b - -1 , c= 1)
Reply 52
Hippysnake
What proof did you give for the composite function question?

I said something along the lines of if one function is even, it is divisible by 2, and any other function applied to it will also be divisible by 2....?

No you had to say that -gf(x)=fg(-x)
Was a fairly hard paper to be honest
can anyone tell me how they answered the f(x) g(x) question where you had to prove gf(x) was even?
thankyou

p.s don't worry about it too much marks2, i mean it wasn't like u were the only one who found it hard. there were loads of people who didnt like it
Rich-1991
i believe k was something like 0.139? you could of checked it back in the exponential equation and it would of given u the correct answer

yeah i got that too :smile:
Reply 55
k = 0.1386
M8 That Exam Was hard!!!!, I couldnt do the 1st question aswell as Question 8!!!!, WTF was all that about!!!
Reply 57
A100whoo
DUDES

what did ppl get for Q5 for the graph tranformations.

i got 1 + sin2x ( a= 1 , b=1 c =2 )

and -sinx +1 ( a=1 , b - -1 , c= 1)

think i got q5 wrong, just couldnt get the hang of it. seemed to confuse me quite a lot
Reply 58
Was there a meant to be an insert for question 9 for the sketch the graph question?
Reply 59
I think I put 3sin2x for 5i and 1 - sinx for 5ii

I thought the paper in general was pretty hard though, got 95-100% in all of the C3 past papers Jun05-Jun09 but pretty sure I messed up this paper :frown:.

Latest

Trending

Trending