Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR (MEI) Mathematics C3 20/01/2010 watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the paper?
    Easy
    19.12%
    OK-ish
    41.18%
    Hard
    36.76%
    I'm not sure/ i didnt take the exam/ ?
    2.94%

ReputationRep:
    HATED THAT PAPER. I thought C2 last week was a bit weird but this was worse.

I'll never be able to look at sin and cos in the same way ever again.....

ReputationRep:
    Ok this group makes me feel better. For the first question, is x= minus infinity an answer as well as x=ln5? I diddn't know weather to put both...

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a good paper, although I imagine (and hope) that they slightly lower the grade boundaries. On the whole, I think I made one mistake but the rest was fine.

ReputationRep:
    This is the 4th official thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Chawner)
    Ok this group makes me feel better. For the first question, is x= minus infinity an answer as well as x=ln5? I diddn't know weather to put both...
    x=ln5 only as e^x=/=0

ReputationRep:
    i got (3pi/2,0) for P, but everyone i know got (pi/6,o)................
    FML loool. Didn't you have to make cos3x= 0 ? If you insert 3pi/2 into this, you get cos3 (3pi/2) = 0???IM SOOO CONFUSED SUM1 PLEEZ EXPLAIN!!!thanx..

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got the paper from today? i rememeber getting pi/18 - 1/9 for an answer, was it question 8 part iii)

ReputationRep:
    I GOT THAT MARKKK!!!!exact same.. wrote it on ma hand lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tummy12345)
    i got (3pi/2,0) for P, but everyone i know got (pi/6,o)................
    FML loool. Didn't you have to make cos3x= 0 ? If you insert 3pi/2 into this, you get cos3 (3pi/2) = 0???IM SOOO CONFUSED SUM1 PLEEZ EXPLAIN!!!thanx..

Urmmm...no it was pie/6 becasue whe yu make

cos3x= 0 ...rember it crosses the x axiss at pie/2

so them yu divide by 3 so yu will get pie/6

ReputationRep:
    I thought section A was nice but B was nasty.

You know the P Q question?...well I got the answer as pi/6, but then when I substituted it back into xcos3x in my calculator in radians mode it didn't come out as 0...so I crossed it out, and afterwards everyone has shown me that it works if you put the calculator in degrees mode and type 30 instead...why??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    x=ln5 only as e^x=/=0
    Ah i did e^x(e^x-5)=0 If I put both, would they mark me down would you imagine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Chawner)
    Ah i did e^x(e^x-5)=0 If I put both, would they mark me down would you imagine?

i dont think soo...hope for a good examier nd pluss they have likee loads of answerss near the side anyway soo i wouldnt worry too mch

ReputationRep:
    hardest paper out of all the papers available online!

ReputationRep:
    What did anybody get for the area between P and O question?
    I got a negative answer but could spot what i'd done wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkS2)
    Did anyone get (pi/18) - (1/9) for one of the integration answers (can't remember which one) think it was \int\limits_{0}^{\frac{\pi }{6}}{x\cos 3xdx=\frac{\pi }{18}-\frac{1}{9}}
    damn, just realised i got that wrong, i put pi/2 -1/9 because i thought
    (1/3 x pi/6) = pi/2 god dam lol

ReputationRep:
    lol the paper was ok only question where you needed to prove i knew the answer but i didnt knew how to write it down lolzz the rest was alright.
    if some1 got the paper can they post it plzzz
    tnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich-1991)
    damn, just realised i got that wrong, i put pi/2 -1/9 because i thought
    (1/3 x pi/6) = pi/2 god dam lol

you should only loose one mark....i did the same butt i left it as pi/6 nd forgott aboutt the 1/3:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't understand how people found that hard. It was sooo much better than all of the past papers I've done, and aside from a few minor mistakes (and a totally blonde moment on q4 - the integration one), I thought it was a lovely paper.

ReputationRep:
    thanks mcl and a12345, that q. has been driving me crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkS2)
    Did anyone get (pi/18) - (1/9) for one of the integration answers (can't remember which one) think it was \int\limits_{0}^{\frac{\pi }{6}}{x\cos 3xdx=\frac{\pi }{18}-\frac{1}{9}}

yesssss!
    i got that
    but i then changed 1/9 to 2/18
    π-2/18

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 22, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.