Turn on thread page Beta

What do 27/28 year olds tend to wear? watch

ReputationRep:
    What do girls in their late twenties wear these days? Ive seen some wearing jeggings and long tops and fashion trainers but have heard people talking about them saying they wear teeny clothes. So what does the typical 27/28 year old wear then? :confused: Im just curious pics would help.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it would be clothing from stores on the slightly higher end of the high street market (as they have more money to spend than the average 19 year old student and will need staples like smart trousers/skirts/blouses/more formal dresses than a student) - Zara, Dorothy Perkins, Next (for example) as opposed to H&M, New Look and Topshop. Having said that, most stores have clothing that is obviously aimed at teens/early twenties and clothing that is aimed at people a bit older. I think you can usually tell just by looking. A 15 year old in bright pink can look 'funky', a 25 year old in exactly the same outfit may not look quite the same regardless of the fashion.

I wouldn't go so far as to say frumpy or mumsy, but maybe more conservative? It is also about your own personal style and what you like or are comfortable in. Wearing teeny clothes does not make you a teen or immature and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    depends how poor you are

ReputationRep:
    Erm.....well my cousin is 28 and wears a lot of Esprit stuff. :confused:

http://www.esprit.co.uk/?LKZ=GB

ReputationRep:
    Well, I am 28... I am a petite size 6, so I tend to shop at places that sell petite sizes - generally Miss Selfridge, Topshop, ASOS. I also quite like Mango and H&M. I wouldn't say that 28 year olds dress all that much more conservatively than when they were 22 to be honest (at least not my friends). The only difference is that since I'm working now and not studying, I tend to buy more clothes that I can wear either to work or just casually. (I work in marketing, so workwear isn't all that formal, but I can't just wear jeans every day like I could at uni). I tend not to follow the "trends" and buy more classic pieces (not necessarily conservative, just not things that will go out of season fast) but I think for me that comes down to personal taste, as well as having had more time now in my late 20's to have realised what usually works for me and what doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that what being conservative means...
    Anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    http://www.crewclothing.co.uk/images...W53_1539_1.jpg
    http://www.crewclothing.co.uk/images...W53_0610_1.jpg
    http://www.crewclothing.co.uk/images...W55_1310_1.jpg

Those sorts of things? It depends on the weather and occasion, really.

Anything from Crew, though. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean it offensively.

Conservative – safe, moderate, traditional.

The majority of 27/28 year old women hold down full time jobs. Out of this majority some of them would wear jeans to work. A vast majority would draw the line at ripped jeans, crop tops (regardless of fashion), nothing too low cut and luminous colours wouldn’t be acceptable either, even if you were behind a desk all day. Like anything else, work has its ‘uniform’. This uniform may or may not translate into every day wear, evening or weekend wear but it would effect the person's buying choices.

When browsing/buying I do personally think about what I am picking up and where I can wear it, for some people this comes later but if you are at work 5 days a week as opposed to sixth form/college/uni then it will be different. No point in having a wardrobe full of clothing you can only wear on weekends or nights out. Obviousy you will need work/evening wear and they may well influence each other.

These women (in the 27/28 age bracket) are unlikely to be wearing the same stuff they wore 10 years ago as their bodies and their views have changed. What is acceptable or comfortable for a 17/18 year old will not necessarily stand true for 27/28 year old. Whilst a 17/18 year old may not have much money as a young person or student, a 27/28 will most likely have a certain amount of disposable income that they will spend on clothing. As some have pointed out and is evident in the market place they will buy staples.

Staple clothing for a teen is not the same as that for a 27/28 year old who on average works 9-5. Smart trousers or smart jeans, blouses, (comfortable/suitable) heels, day dresses etc. I am not going to pretend I know everything or all the 27/28 year old's of the world, however to call their choice of clothing more conservative than a teenager’s choice of garments is not an insult nor is it intended as one. They have a different view in life and different attire for their work, leisure and play. Conservative does not equate to boring but someone of that age is more likely to choose their clothing differently than a teenager and probably spend a little more on it too.

ReputationRep:
    i think they only wear what they like.

ReputationRep:
    This should be in Clothes and Accessories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    This should be in Clothes and Accessories.
    The thread is nonsense, it should be in the deletion pile.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.