Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need an input for a fancy dress theme idea for my 21st in a few months, am currently sending out a 'save the date' email to people. I'm in two minds whether to do a 'superhero' theme or an emergency services as most of the people going bar family will be nurses etc, however seems a bit boring!

So yeah does anyone have any good ideas of what to have? It has to be family friendly though as kids will be there!

ReputationRep:
    Fairytale - stuff like Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, etc
    there's some dead good costumes online

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with sci-fi, that gives planty of choice even for kids. Be prepared for leia's metal bikini though. I've seen historical figures done before to great effect. I went to a science themed one once which was very bizarre as the costumes were very creative (i.e. Someone came as the rough endoplasmic reticulum). Cartoon characters is another idea and I've heard of one where everybody came as food.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a halloween party that was heroes and villans and it went pretty well. I've got another fancy dress party coming up soon that is Jocks v Nerds if that's any help to you

ReputationRep:
    Homemade
    Colour themed
    Rubix cube - everyone wears one thing of each colour and swaps as the evening goes on
    Decadence
    Something you've always wanted an excuse to wear
    Crossdressing

ReputationRep:
    I've settled on 'geek chic' so its a mixture of dressing up as geeks, or sci-fi, comic book heros, lord of the rings, anything associated with being 'geeky' lol

ReputationRep:
    how about Avatarrrrrr-related!!?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.