Turn on thread page Beta

help... mock exams? watch

ReputationRep:
    Right i'm going to be bluntly honest here because it's the internet, and in 'real life' I'd never talk like this, because let's face it that would make me a massive ****... but basically i'm not stupid. I'm one of the cleverest in my year (excuse the arrogant vibe here), but I never ever work until I really have to. I'm only a sixteen year old girl doing GCSE's, and up until now it's never been a problem to just doss it and then revise hard when it matters, so I did my mocks last week with no revision and i've got pretty much all D's, with the odd B and C here and there. well i got an A in english but doesn't really count. so I didn't think it was a massive problem until now my parents are going mental and my teachers seem vaguely concerned but just said 'as long as you work it'll be fine', but now I've started thinking, I've got like three months to learn everything. EVERYTHING. and I'm doing history, geography and economics for my options?? Realistically, if I work my socks off could I still get decent results? like straight A's and A*'s. because obviously teachers aren't going to tell you if it's possible to do that, can i have some honest answers? By working hard I mean revising nearly every night and actually doing my homework.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's possible. Really. Especially if, as you say, you are pretty intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    If there's a will, there's a way.

ReputationRep:
    You're working towards GCSE's in the summer and worrying now? I think I started revising at easter (maybe a bit before it) and I got decent results.

If you do your work, and revise it all so you know it all before you go into the exam it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    yes it is very possible..i am hoping it is also bloody possible for me to learn all my chemisty in the 19 hours before tomorrows real exam.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.