Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can any art students/people who have already had their interviews describe what the interview process is like? How much of your work did you show? What were the questions like? Was it formal/informal? What did you wear? How long was it? Do they refer to your personal statement/essay?

Slightly panicking here, I've never been great at interviews. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    i had an interview for AF today, all they do is ak you about your work, what you like about the subject and why you want to do and things like that, its basicly a chat lol! hope this help XD
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you're applying to but mine was very informal when I had it last year, really just like a chat so there's no need to panic.. I didn't even sit down for the interview, haha.
    One tutor looked through portfolios while another took me and another applicant on a tour of the campus, then when we got back they basically looked through the portfolio work and asked me to explain some of the pieces and asked questions such as what artists/designers influenced me and what I could bring to the course/what I thought I could learn from it.. that was basically it. The actual interview took about 15-20 minutes :]

ReputationRep:
    As eerikaa said above (I'm guessing they were describing their ravensbourne interview!), the one I went to was very relaxed. They don't try and catch you out by asking difficult questions or anything. 1 teacher and 1 student interviewed me. I was asked to pick a best and worst piece from my portfolio and talk about them.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.