Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well today was my choices day and I was just wondering whether the choices I made are good so I can pursue a career in accountancy.

ReputationRep:
    ok..and your choices are?

it was my yr 9 choices day yesterday and i chose: geography spanish french and catering
    good luck whatever choices you make xx

ReputationRep:
    At heart do you really want to be a lion tamer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'Ruth)

it was my yr 9 choices day yesterday and i chose: geography spanish french and catering

You dear, have just made the biggest mistake of your life.

ReputationRep:
    Its On My Other Post Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieCruel)
    At heart do you really want to be a lion tamer?
    Yeah, it's a bit of a jump from chartered accountancy to lion taming, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    when did i say i wanted to be a lion tamer???

ReputationRep:
    Has no one ever watched Monty Python? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMOmB1q8W4Y

ReputationRep:
    How low life can you get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartmj)
    How low life can you get!
    How lacking in a sense of humour can you get?

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a sense of humour but im trying to be serious about my education----not every idiot is like monty python....im trying to see if they are good coices but i guess some people need to get a life to understand! now can you please stop talking to me!

ReputationRep:
    Geography spanish french and catering are not good choices for
    accountancy. Why aren't you doing accountancy (unless your school doesn't offer it in which case don't answer)?

ReputationRep:
    oh that was another girl...

anyway its this

Business, Administration and Finance Diploma (7 GCSEs) (and with that i have to do btec science bcuz it clashes with timetable)

Dental Nursing
    Islamic Studies
    French

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just take regular subjects like Maths, and then do Accounting at college with Maths and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Finance diploma? administration. Back in year 9 for GCSE's the avaiable options were basic for ud :
    Media, Geography, Businss, Economics, History, R.E., PE, and ICT full course and Music. now their bringing in btec sciences and that, seriously thats not really going to help people get into universities, no wonder so many people are improving at GCSE level it just gets easier and easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartmj)
    oh that was another girl...

anyway its this

Business, Administration and Finance Diploma (7 GCSEs) (and with that i have to do btec science bcuz it clashes with timetable)

Dental Nursing
    Islamic Studies
    French
    If you want to do accountancy why are you taking dental nursing?!

ReputationRep:
    bcuz my dad is a dentist and he says that if your accountancy dont go too well then dentistry is the way to go or if i want to work part time dental nurse i can!

oh and i am doing maths but i thought the diploma thing wud be good...oh and the diploma thing is going to start with these year 9's so its brand new!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lollyage)
    (Original post by 'Ruth)

You dear, have just made the biggest mistake of your life.
    It's only a GCSE, imo people can pick whatever subject they want at GCSE, as long as they get the grade. Not the same for A Levels though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Small123)
    It's only a GCSE, imo people can pick whatever subject they want at GCSE, as long as they get the grade. Not the same for A Levels though.

I wasn't talking about respectability :sigh:

I do Catering and it's total ****. Ridiculous coursework involving pestering random restaurant staff, expected to cook to 5star quality from day 1, more about nutritional values etc, more work than most of my other subjects put together and I wrote more in my catering exam than my english exam.

ReputationRep:
    im logging off now but email me if you want to tell me if its good or not...bye!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.