Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My exam board is OCR. Last year i got D in all 3 modules. However this year i got a B in the g486 practical and i did the mechanics g481 again and i believe i got an A this time. Im revising quite hard unlike last year and im aiming for an A in the newtonian world g484 next week. If i also got an A in the g485 in the summer then what is my overall grade? Do i need to resit the g482 ? I need at least a B in physics and if i have to do the g482 and g485 in the summer then it might be a bit too much since i also do maths and i have a few modules to concentrate on especially C4.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on whether you got a low D or a high D and whether you got a high A or a low A. When your March results come out, add up all the marks you have so far and work out how many UMS you need on G485 and the practical, and see if you are cutting it a bit fine or not.

ReputationRep:
    let just say low D and A

ReputationRep:
    Without knowing your UMS scores there's no way to be 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    i dont really want to resit it unless i have to and if i had no choice then it's better to revise now than wait until the exam. that's what i did and this is the reason i got a D

ReputationRep:
    can you just estimate?

ReputationRep:
    Its better if you retake G482 as its worth 50% of AS, seeing as you got a D, theres still a lot of marks that you can gain.

ReputationRep:
    thanks mate

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.