Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I might be joining for the course starting this september to do TV & Radio Production...can people tell me how they like it?
    is anyone here taking my course and do they enjoy it?
    are you close enough to Manchester? what's the best accomadation to be closest to Manchester and for general fun lol is student life fun??
    will I actually make friends lol?
    thaanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    Yes its close enough to Manchester. The uni is a 20/30 minute walk from campus to Manchester city centre.

I cant advise on accommodation but if you live in halls it would be pretty difficult not to make friends.

ReputationRep:
    My ex went and my best friend is currently doing a physics PHD there. They both seem to like it. Accommodation - Castle Irwell is the cheapest and not too bad, although the student club is within the gates and you do get some noise sometimes especially if you are unlucky enough to live in the corner room on the ground floor of the building closest to the club like my ex did in his first year and then you get drunken people walking past your room ALL night and people staring into your room.

ReputationRep:
    It's literally 5 minutes on the train to Manchester city centre, the train station is right on campus too.

ReputationRep:
    If you live at Irwell there's multiple buses from right outside the gates in Manchester, which take about 20 minutes. Campus is about 15 minutes walk away. As far as Accommodation, i'd say Castle Irwell for your first year atleast!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I am starting in my second year at Salford in September, staying at IQ or something accomodation, doing International Relations. I live in Salford but, if I am honest, dismissed the uni as my A-level grades were at alot higher than you need. I am at a uni now, which I came to as it has an amazing reputation - but I hate it. It doesn't feel right at all, plus having your bike stolen and awful flat mates doesn't help. Salford felt perfect when looking round it, and I can't wait to start a fresh :-) XxX see you there! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freddyt234)
    I might be joining for the course starting this september to do TV & Radio Production...can people tell me how they like it?
    is anyone here taking my course and do they enjoy it?
    are you close enough to Manchester? what's the best accomadation to be closest to Manchester and for general fun lol is student life fun??
    will I actually make friends lol?
    thaanks
    x
    I'm doing TV and Radio Production in September too. Well, providing I get BBC which I'm not that confident about any more. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going In student IQ halls too (Iv done a post up there ^^^^ lol) :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marchgirl91)
    Hiya, I am starting in my second year at Salford in September, staying at IQ or something accomodation, doing International Relations. I live in Salford but, if I am honest, dismissed the uni as my A-level grades were at alot higher than you need. I am at a uni now, which I came to as it has an amazing reputation - but I hate it. It doesn't feel right at all, plus having your bike stolen and awful flat mates doesn't help. Salford felt perfect when looking round it, and I can't wait to start a fresh :-) XxX see you there! x
    Hey I'm in the same boat as you! I'm also staying in IQ. Will be weird being a fresher all over again (i have to start from yr 1!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PM140)
    Hey I'm in the same boat as you! I'm also staying in IQ. Will be weird being a fresher all over again (i have to start from yr 1!)
    Oh HI! :_) Why r u startin again? I was worried it'd be harder to meet mates as we r older but it should be fineeeee! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marchgirl91)
    Oh HI! :_) Why r u startin again? I was worried it'd be harder to meet mates as we r older but it should be fineeeee! x
    European Languages can't wait! Yeah I was too but at least going to uni won't be as daunting as we've done it all before!! I'm starting again because I think the course will be better

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.