Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Finance after first year after dropping out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have had 2 failed attempts at uni and therefore cant get a tutition fee loan if I were to go back but would get a maintenance loan. In the 2nd year would I get the tutition fee loan? Or just the maintenence loan again?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josiette)
    In the 2nd year would I get the tutition fee loan?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on the length of your new course, if its a normal 3 yr course then yes you will get tuition loan for the last 2 years

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I left in my first year in 2008 after decided the course wasn't for me, im reapplying to go back this year, will i still get full Loans/Grants? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flav)
    Hey! I left in my first year in 2008 after decided the course wasn't for me, im reapplying to go back this year, will i still get full Loans/Grants? thanks
    You will have used up your additional year 'safety net' but yes, you will be eligible for full funding for a new course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASCIIcipher)
    You will have used up your additional year 'safety net' but yes, you will be eligible for full funding for a new course.

Great thanks a lot would this mean i don't have the option to get funding if i had to resit a year, hopefully i wont have to anyway, or get grants/loans for a year abroad/ in industry? (not planning on either yet)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flav)
    Great thanks a lot would this mean i don't have the option to get funding if i had to resit a year, hopefully i wont have to anyway, or get grants/loans for a year abroad/ in industry? (not planning on either yet)
    A year abroad is fine as it is part of your course; e.g. a four year sandwich course with a year in industry would get four years of funding.

However, if you had to repeat a year of your course then you wouldn't get a fee loan or a maintenance grant for the repeat year (unless you had an illness or another 'compelling personal reason'). Maintenance loans are available for all repeat years though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASCIIcipher)
    A year abroad is fine as it is part of your course; e.g. a four year sandwich course with a year in industry would get four years of funding.

However, if you had to repeat a year of your course then you wouldn't get a fee loan or a maintenance grant for the repeat year (unless you had an illness or another 'compelling personal reason'). Maintenance loans are available for all repeat years though.

Oh well that's not to bad as I plan to work my backside off to do well this time and its a course im a lot more interested in

Thank you Very much very helpful info

*Repped*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flav)
    Oh well that's not to bad as I plan to work my backside off to do well this time and its a course im a lot more interested in

Thank you Very much very helpful info

*Repped*
    You're most welcome :yes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.