Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi im in year 11 doing my GCSE's and i need to choose my A-levels.

I already know that i am going to do maths and probably PE. but im undecided on what to do with them.

i know i want to go to university but For a career im not sure if i want to do either somthing in Maths, finance, economics and accounting sort of thing. or i career in sports science which i am a bit sceptical about. so i want to do a combination thay would allow me to do either of the two. whilest doing subjects that are highly regarded by universities.

the other subjects i am considering doing are:

Business and Economics- Im interested in this one as i might want to do a career in economics but it is also partly a business course and i hear that you dont need it do do a degree in economics.

Sociology- i think this could also be good for both economics and sports science.

Geography- i think this could be good because it is academic and could go well with economics and sports studies.

Biology- i think it will go well with the PE but i hear its not the best science to do.

Chemistry- I hear its the best science to do but iv also heard its very hard and im not sure if it goes well with Maths or PE.

Physics- i prefer chemistry and biology but i hear it is a good science and goes well with maths. although i am going to do maths statistics side.

Psycology- I think it goes well with PE and biology and sounds quit interesting.

ICT- im quite good at it and someone said although its not a great one to get into uni with empoyers think it is good.

PE- imnots ure about this one because ia am very good at it and quite njoy it but if i decide to go down more of o maths rought the i hear unies dont think its a very good one to do at all.

but i also want to solid choises to get into university.

im open to any sugestions.

Out of the ones you are considering:

Maths - always a good strong subject that's well liked and useful
    Physics/Chemistry/Biology - they are all respected, choose the one you think you'll enjoy most
    Economics if you can do it on it's own will be an awesome subject
    Psychology is a really interesting subject but not as well respected as some of the others
    ICT and Sociology are probably the only two I'd avoid doing and I don't know enough about PE to comment on it :p:

Have you conisdered a subject like History or Eng Lit? One of them would be a nice contrast to your heavily science oriented options.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.