Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are the solomon papers worth doing? I tried doing one and just gave up on the first question. Isn't doing the edexcel papers enough?

ReputationRep:
    I have to get at least 95% for C3 to get an A* because there's no way I'm going to get 90%+ in C4. Everyone says it's suicide.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help guys I see now

ReputationRep:
    Which is the hardest edexcel paper ?

I want to try it before tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    that wasn't very simple :awesome:

x^2 + bx \equiv (x + \frac {b}{2})^2 - (\frac {b}{2})^2

all you have to do is make sure the coefficient of x^2 is 1
    Meh. It's simpler when actual numbers are involved (as opposed to a, b and c) :woo:

ReputationRep:
    does any one have the c3 june 2009 mark scheme and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    I have to get at least 95% for C3 to get an A* because there's no way I'm going to get 90%+ in C4. Everyone says it's suicide.
    I think its easier the other way around. Last year i got 88% raw marks but 79/100 UMS. Whereas C4 has lower grade boundaries and is much easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racshot65)

According to grade boundaries, June 2006. I haven't worked it as yet. I was saving it for last, lol.

Thanks for reminding me. I'll go do it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous0155)
    I think its easier the other way around. Last year i got 88% raw marks but 79/100 UMS. Whereas C4 has lower grade boundaries and is much easier.
    liesssssssssssssssss. :eek3:
    The C4 paper is going to be specially designed for me to fail, I can feel it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racshot65)

Jan 07 I did not like. The last question on it is icky. Try Solomons instead, they're harder, if you're looking for something challenging!

ReputationRep:
    sorry can some wonderful person do b.c and d, rly don't get how to find the maximum value in question b:

(a) Express 3 cos θ + 4 sin θ in the form R cos(θ – α), where R and α are constants, R > 0
    and 0 < α < 90°.

(b) Hence find the maximum value of 3 cos θ + 4 sin θ and the smallest positive value of
    θ for which this maximum occurs.

The temperature, f (t), of a warehouse is modelled using the equation
    f (t) = 10 + 3 cos(15t)° + 4 sin(15t)°,
    where t is the time in hours from midday and 0 t < 24.

(c) Calculate the minimum temperature of the warehouse as given by this model.

(d) Find the value of t when this minimum temperature occurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    According to grade boundaries, June 2006. I haven't worked it as yet. I was saving it for last, lol.

Thanks for reminding me. I'll go do it now.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that - I found June 06 quite doable. I guess it was just long (a lot of parts to all 8 questions)

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing this all day now and i feel ready. Unless they put in really awkward questions, which knowing my luck they probably will! Oh God, i'm going to fail. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamed)
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that - I found June 06 quite doable. I guess it was just long (a lot of parts to all 8 questions)
    is that the one with y = (2x - 1)tan2x? if so, yeah i would've said that was the hardest out of the lot, although not terrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    sorry can some wonderful person do b.c and d, rly don't get how to find the maximum value in question b:

(a) Express 3 cos θ + 4 sin θ in the form R cos(θ – α), where R and α are constants, R > 0
    and 0 < α < 90°.

(b) Hence find the maximum value of 3 cos θ + 4 sin θ and the smallest positive value of
    θ for which this maximum occurs.

The temperature, f (t), of a warehouse is modelled using the equation
    f (t) = 10 + 3 cos(15t)° + 4 sin(15t)°,
    where t is the time in hours from midday and 0 �� t < 24.

(c) Calculate the minimum temperature of the warehouse as given by this model.

(d) Find the value of t when this minimum temperature occurs.
    (b) the maximum value is whatever you got for R, the smallest possible value occurs when cos(θ - a)=1, which means θ +a= 0 rearrange to find θ.

(c) you can use your Rcos formula for this, I think. and then use the same principle as (b)

ReputationRep:
    is that the one with y = (2x - 1)tan2x? if so, yeah i would've said that was the hardest out of the lot, although not terrible
    yep, that's the one! I think I'm going to sit in a corner and think about why in the world I'm different. {and do history}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamed)
    yep, that's the one! I think I'm going to sit in a corner and think about why in the world I'm different. {and do history}
    i lol'd :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    what do we have to write when proving a root exists in some interval, I know you have to show and write change in sign, but what else?

ReputationRep:
    i lol'd :awesome:
    do not laugh at my misery. It's not easy being different! (I constantly have to differentiate! < that's my attempt at a joke)

(Original post by Kameo)
    what do we have to write when proving a root exists in some interval, I know you have to show and write change in sign, but what else?
    The curve is continuous. and what you've said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kameo)
    something like this should suffice

"Change of sign, therefore a root lies between a and b."

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.