Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by churcher)
    oh brilliant, thanks very much for your help.
    welcome! It's a lot better helping than actually doing questions - they both help me revise, one's just a lot more... exciting!(?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamed)
    Solomon papers are papers written by solomon press. They're harder than the actual papers and range from A-L (in increasing difficulty). You can get them from Here
    The solomon papers actually get harder? I swear paper B was the hardest out of them all. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone tomorrow afternoon

I am hopeing for a B!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    The solomon papers actually get harder? I swear paper B was the hardest out of them all. :eek:
    they're supposed to. But then again, maybe they do, and maybe you find something simple difficult and something difficult simple!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    No. I got bummed over hard.

Looking forward to C3. Been getting around high 80's low 90's in all the papers I have been doing. Hopefully it is a fairly simple paper with not much of arcsin etc, missed the lesson on those and never caught up...
    Damn, sorry to hear

What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kylesawhney)
    Damn, sorry to hear

What happened?
    Got rejected by Warwick yesterday and UCL today, and Bristol a few months back, for economics :awesome:

Got an offer from Southampton atm and waiting on Bath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    Just want to wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow. There are these videos a guy makes on youtube which might be a good way to spend the final night before the exam, check them out: http://www.youtube.com/user/ExamSolutions (he does all the modules, so just search for the C3 ones) (:

Cape! It has been far, far too long since we've spoken. Though in honesty I don't blame you for leaving TSR for a bit.
    I know!!! Yeah, TSR was kinda killing me mentally lol. Are you taking this exam tomorrow too? Good luck, Woodyyyyy :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Got rejected by Warwick yesterday and UCL today, and Bristol a few months back, for economics :awesome:

Got an offer from Southampton atm and waiting on Bath
    Oh damn

what are your grades like?

good luck for soton & bath

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have a question about something that has been bothering me... I know it may seem elementary and all, but:

When we are asked to do composite function questions such as 'find gf(3)' can we find f(3) first THEN substitute f(3)'s value into g(x)? Or do we have to substitute f(x) for x in g(x)?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Hey guys, I have a question about something that has been bothering me... I know it may seem elementary and all, but:

When we are asked to do composite function questions such as 'find gf(3)' can we find f(3) first THEN substitute f(3)'s value into g(x)? Or do we have to substitute f(x) for x in g(x)?

Thanks!
    yes, jus sub in f(3)'s value into g(x).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1234)
    C3 June 2005 61 53 46 39 32
    January 2006 61 53 46 39 32
    June 2006 56 49 43 37 31
    January 2007 58 50 42 34 27
    June 2007 59 52 45 39 33
    January 2008 64 56 49 42 35
    June 2008 64 57 50 43 37
    January 2009 60 52 44 36 29
    June 2009 67 59 52 45 38

A/B/C/D/E

Should show which was found the hardest
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the grade boundaries that includes marks? Like you need 72-75 to get 100%. 70 to get 95%. I can only get the summer 07 and 08 on the website.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need anything else from those boundaries. They're basically saying, say for June 2006, that 56 raw marks out of the 75 total converts to 80 UMS points. Check the UMS thread to learn about how to find 100% UMS etc.

Can someone post difficult curve sketching/transformation questions?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need anything else from those boundaries. They're basically saying, say for June 2006, that 56 raw marks out of the 75 total converts to 80 UMS points. Check the UMS thread to learn about how to find 100% UMS etc.

Jan 07 - Q7e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    I know!!! Yeah, TSR was kinda killing me mentally lol. Are you taking this exam tomorrow too? Good luck, Woodyyyyy :heart:
    Totally, I think it was beginning to depress me slowly too. Best of luck to you too Let me know how you think it went.

ReputationRep:

But that would involve me using some crazy arse formula which will take forever to do. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gottastudy)
    Jan 07 - Q7e.
    Now, that was just a plain retarded question on Edexcel's behalf. How the hell did they expect to sketch that?

@Superman, no it's simple really. Unless we're talking about two different things here...

ReputationRep:
    Now, that was just a plain retarded question on Edexcel's behalf. How the hell did they expect to sketch that?

@Superman, no it's simple really. Unless we're talking about two different things here...
    it's not that bad, you have the turning point and where the curve crosses the axes, now it's just a matter of joining up the points!

ReputationRep:

Did you sketch it? :p:

I'm guessing you have to factorise it first in the form given in part c...

I'm really struggling with this jan 07 paper...I've done the june 06 one, found that one better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gottastudy)
    Did you sketch it? :p:

I'm guessing you have to factorise it first in the form given in part c...

I'm really struggling with this jan 07 paper...I've done the june 06 one, found that one better.
    the jan 07 paper is icky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamed)
    normal people found the June 06 hard, the Jan 07 question 8 was hard.
    @ unamed cheers but i've already done the Solomon papers.

I'm assuming that they will increase the difficulty because of the A*.90% plus

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.