Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtian)
    It doesn't work like that. If it were the modulus of x only, then yes that would be correct.

Edit: Ooh just realised, I think you draw the standard graph, then reflect it in the line x=3, which is the asymptote.
    I'm not really sure what the question, I'm assuming f|(x)|.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    Eeee good luck guys!
    Just got 62/75 for Jan 2009..considering I only want a B, thats good!
    I got 71/75 for that. :p:

I hope it's an easy paper, maybe not too easy otherwise the grade boundaries are going to be ridiculously high.

Anyways good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    Take ln of both sides:

ln10^(x-2) = ln2^(x+2)

Now bring the power down, rules of logs:

(x-2)ln10=(x+2)ln2

Multiply out brackets:

xln10 - 2ln10 = xln2 + 2ln2

collect x terms:

xln10 - xln2 = 2ln2 + 2ln10

rules of logs to simplify:

xln(10/2) = 2ln(20) <== (2*10)

x= 2ln20/ln5
    Thankyou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)
    THE PAPER IS EASY!rELAX
    hw do u know? im really strugglin...trying find the QP....know i wont find it though

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone!!

I am going to try and not panic if there is a hard question as that will only make it worse. I am thinking of retaking C2, C1 in summer so might redo C3 in summer to if I dont get a B. I just want a B and I have had C's in C2, C1 and S1.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indie_couture)
    Good Luck everyone!!

I am going to try and not panic if there is a hard question as that will only make it worse. I am thinking of retaking C2, C1 in summer so might redo C3 in summer to if I dont get a B. I just want a B and I have had C's in C2, C1 and S1.

xxx
    This story will cheer you up..in my C2 exam I didn't know wtf I was doing lol. I made up random stuff in the trig questions which were like 10+ marks all together, I also backward solved one question (which was obviously wrong to do) and I wrote a note to the examiner explaining how to do a question I didn't have the values for...if that makes sense. Thennn I came on TSR and looked at the TSR markscheme and it said that I got a lowish B and then I started crying LOL. Anyway, I actually got 90+ UMS in that exam. So basically......don't panic you might think you've done crap but you've done really well :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alliwantispapers)
    hw do u know? im really strugglin...trying find the QP....know i wont find it though
    That's called cheating, you cheater! fool!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivienuytlop)
    off topic but ur grades are admirable:p:
    Haha thanks, luck is a very useful thing

ReputationRep:
    how would you work out sin2x+cos2x=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK)
    expand by double angle. Get it down to one trig thing. then solve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    This story will cheer you up..in my C2 exam I didn't know wtf I was doing lol. I made up random stuff in the trig questions which were like 10+ marks all together, I also backward solved one question (which was obviously wrong to do) and I wrote a note to the examiner explaining how to do a question I didn't have the values for...if that makes sense. Thennn I came on TSR and looked at the TSR markscheme and it said that I got a lowish B and then I started crying LOL. Anyway, I actually got 90+ UMS in that exam. So basically......don't panic you might think you've done crap but you've done really well
    aww thankyou. Will they credit you for saying how you do something if you dont have the values? I have always though of doing that.
    Good Luck to you (though you probably don't need it) xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile-Like-You-Mean-It)
    Thankyou xxx
    No probs

ReputationRep:
    yeh, but you only remain a fool for a few seconds, then u get the ans, now you are a genuis

ReputationRep:
    aww thankyou. Will they credit you for saying how you do something if you dont have the values? I have always though of doing that.
    They give method marks if you're doing roughly the right thing in the right direction, but your numbers are slightly wrong/messed up.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know, but I knew how to do the question so I just wrote a note to the examiner explaining how I'd do the question. Ahh, I should've got my paper back to see if they gave me any marks for it :p: (doubt it) haha, good luck to you too - i have a feeling this paper will be a mean one!

ReputationRep:
    Going to hopefully ace this exam.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, have fun...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    expand by double angle. Get it down to one trig thing. then solve.
    i expanded it and get 2sinxcosx+1-2sin^2x=0 but i cant get it to 1 trig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    No probs
    (Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK)
    Are you two brothers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.