Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosy91)

i hope i am wrong. and you are right.. my only answers were 22.5 and 112.5
    yeah same only got them 2 as my answers!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just praying the grade boundaries are low...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulexk)
    so for the last question, is it fg(x)>=3, since the graph is (x-1)^2+3

so you can include 3, i hope!
    yeah thats what i got..
    yeah because the lowest the square can be is 0.. and so if it was 0 then lowest can be is +3.. hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Damn, the only question I got wrong was the first question when simplifying the fraction. I just left it as (4x+4)/(3x^2-3)(3x+1). How many marks will I lose, one or two?
    i think i got that too

ReputationRep:
    I was so stupid that I forgot that f(-x) meant reflection in the y-axis. How dumb was that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jerrard23)
    is that me gonna get 100% on C3, I fink so, ROLL ON THE A*'S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    I was so stupid that I forgot that f(-x) meant reflection in the y-axis. How dumb was that!
    Which question is this ?

ReputationRep:
    I think i dropped 9 marks. I think i lost a mark or 2 on the first question...which is quite ridiculous considerin it was a relatively easy question. I misread the ln |(x)| as |ln(x)|, and i figured out how to do the second logarithm question as i left the exam room, which was really irritating. That was a really tough paper, i got pretty stressed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by celinex)
    yeah thats what i got..
    yeah because the lowest the square can be is 0.. and so if it was 0 then lowest can be is +3.. hopefully
    but domain is x>1 and so x cannot= 1

you have to consider that. so range >3

ReputationRep:
    I was on a roll... until the last page

ReputationRep:
    Wtf! Barely dropped 10 marks in every past paper and now I am sure I at least dropped 15-20 ******* marks! That is so annoying! Looks like it will have to be a retake I am so prone to making stupid errors, on the second part of question 4 I was trying to use the first part of the question :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    that was the hardest exam i ever did in my whole life. c2 was much better:eek3: :eek: :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosy91)
    but domain is x>1 and so x cannot= 1

you have to consider that. so range >3
    ohh dear.. i never take notice of anythin else... thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Wtf! Barely dropped 10 marks in every past paper and now I am sure I at least dropped 15-20 ******* marks! That is so annoying! Looks like it will have to be a retake I am so prone to making stupid errors, on the second part of question 4 I was trying to use the first part of the question :facepalm:
    same

ReputationRep:
    any one got the paper???

ReputationRep:
    hi, for question 2c couldnt you work out X5 and X6 and show that they equal 2.057 to 3 d.p?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    You're wrong, it's impossible to divide by 0, so the cot2x=0 is impossible and not a valid answer.
    Do you think that we'll lose marks if we put down 4 solutions, providing that we got two of the correct ones?

ReputationRep:
    General opinion at my college is that it was a very hard paper.

I think i got about 50% compared to 90% i already got on c1/c2/s1...

Retake in summer will hopefully be better...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    Do you think that we'll lose marks if we put down 4 solutions, providing that we got two of the correct ones?
    but the correct answer has four solutions!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    Oh **** on question 8, I got x=45 and stopped. Just stopped at that!! Wtf was I thinking.
    your not the only one! I did that 2!!! how many marks do you think will get for that question? i'm thinking about 2 or 3 for method marks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.