Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skk90)
    what will the grade boundaries be..... I lost about 7-10 marks ;(
    I think that I am in the same boat...

The thing that I am thinking is that people who go on these forums, are steriotypically the kinda people who do very well/top couple of %, so they may all be saying they found it easy (though quite a few are saying it was hard), but that means that the majority of ppls found it harder than them.

Therefore low grade bounderies (I hope)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    I was so stupid that I forgot that f(-x) meant reflection in the y-axis. How dumb was that!
    I think I did that as well :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    hi, for question 2c couldnt you work out X5 and X6 and show that they equal 2.057 to 3 d.p?

ReputationRep:
    I think the four solutions may be correct, since at tan 90 you have 1/0

so cot 90 = 1/(1/0) = 1*(0/1)=0

But how many marks do you think this is worth?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing that I got in the range of 62-66, which considering I walked out the exam about to cry (not really :P, but I was pretty upset), is pretty good I think. Should get me into the mid 80s in UMS I would have thought.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think i did very well, the only thing I wasn't sure of was cot (2x) = 0 because if you rewrite it as tan 2x, it would be equal to infinity, and tan is equal to infinity at 90. Also if you re-write cot 2x = 0 as cos2x/sin2x = 0
    then cos 2x = 0 and you can solve that.

BUT on the other hand, even if you do get values for cot 2x = 0 and then substitute them into your calculator, you will STILL get infinity/Math Error

ReputationRep:
    got 57/75 me thinks (im a harsh examiner haha).. 80UMS is nowhere near 90UMS.. hm.. better retake it then.. hate it how question 8 confused me and made a silly mistake on questino 9b.. there goes the A..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosy91)
    but the correct answer has four solutions!!
    I got those exact 4 solutions yesterday, but I'm staring at the question now, and I can't figure out what I was thinking! In hindsight, I'm pretty sure that two of the solutions are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr18)
    that was the hardest exam i ever did in my whole life. c2 was much better:eek3: :eek: :rant:
    yeh i noo.. worse exam i hav ever done

ReputationRep:
    any one got an idea of what grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nast)
    Well, I think i did very well, the only thing I wasn't sure of was cot (2x) = 0 because if you rewrite it as tan 2x, it would be equal to infinity, and tan is equal to infinity at 90. Also if you re-write cot 2x = 0 as cos2x/sin2x = 0then cos 2x = 0 and you can solve that.

BUT on the other hand, even if you do get values for cot 2x = 0 and then substitute them into your calculator, you will STILL get infinity/Math Error
    Ah. I think that's what I may have done.

ReputationRep:
    Paper was harder then expected I think, proper freaked out when I couldnt do the first question! lol rough grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimber)
    Paper was harder then expected I think, proper freaked out when I couldnt do the first question! lol rough grade boundaries?
    Personally, I think it will be about 57ish for an A.

ReputationRep:
    how hard is Core 4? Is it really hard? my teachers have said that if an average student in maths get 60 in C1.. s/he'll get 30 in C4.. but it was a generalised comment though, so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure 45 is a solution, because i know if you express cot as cos/sin it's possible, but i think that'd be harsh because if you put 45 into the original equation you will get math error. After all you are finding solutions for that equation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hackman®)
    any one got the paper???
    Yeh :yes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...4&d=1264066808

The answers were provided by Arsey

ReputationRep:
    messed up so much =( definitley re-taking this one !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CPietersen)
    Yeh :yes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...4&d=1264066808

The answers were provided by Arsey
    Thank you soo much!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    Personally, I think it will be about 57ish for an A.
    :yes: hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure there are 4 solutions as 1/infinity = 0

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.