Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did exactly the same with that question. I guess I can kiss that A* goodbye for now, at least there's always June.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote fg(x) > 3, I don't see what's difficult about it o_o I'm horrible at maths and even I could do it lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    nah, you are wrong.

in fg(x) the range of g(x) becomes the domain for f(x) in the composite function

f(x) = e^2x + 3 this has an asymptote at y=3 thus can not be equal to 3. Therefore the range of fg(x) > 3 NOT >=

i think for 9bii) it was x2 - 2x + 4. differentiate and its 2x = 2, x = 1 as the minimum. so i had the range as fg(x) >= 1

i dont think the range would be x>3 as the (x-1)^2 wouldnt be x>0

ReputationRep:
    The range is x > or equal to 3, look

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=e^(2ln(x-1))+%2B+3

edit: someone just said that x > 1, if that's the case then yeah, fg > 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous0155)
    i think for 9bii) it was x2 - 2x + 4. differentiate and its 2x = 2, x = 1 as the minimum. so i had the range as fg(x) >= 1

i dont think the range would be x>3 as the (x-1)^2 wouldnt be x>0
    I did this too however you have found the x co-ordinate of the turning point. So the y co-ordinate would be: fg(1) = 3

=> Range fg(x) >= 3

I'm not sure if this is right though :o:
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...-1%29%5E2+%2B3

ReputationRep:
    Can someone pm me with the unofficial markscheme and question paper or direct me to where I can find it?

Thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSkyFire)
    I wrote fg(x) > 3, I don't see what's difficult about it o_o I'm horrible at maths and even I could do it lol :p:
    is not that it was difficult, it is just that I didn't want to waste too much time on it and just do the major stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I am not a student
    ohhh your a teacher, cool so your definate that all your answers are correct then

ReputationRep:
    Low grade boundaries please, I phailed that paper ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    Can someone pm me with the unofficial markscheme and question paper or direct me to where I can find it?

Thx
    look on page 32 , and scroll down, Arsey has the adobe version with answers
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I completely messed up Q8 because the trig identity you *needed* to complete it was not one I'd ever used in a past paper before, so it wasn't something I quickly read before going into the exam room. I didn't even think to try and derive the right identity :/
    I think it was a hard paper, but I might only be saying that because I'm feeling alot of negativity towards myself for screwing up that 7 mark question.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ****, I forgot the second pair of solutions....got the 22.5 & 45 but forgot the further answers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was generally an easy paper, compared to some of the other ones. But I'm not going to try and guess my result

ReputationRep:
    has anybody got a edxcel c3 jan 2010 question paper ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty standard? :/ The only 'odd' question was the differentiating x=tany one, all the others questions were no easier or harder than previous years (in my opinion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    I entered the exam hall confident and pumped to get my A*.
    I left the exam hall completely raped from all angles by that paper.
    haha me too. hello june resit!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think it was too bad. But it was certainly very different to any of the others, and it was weird how there were nine short questions instead of seven or eight long(er) questions. There was an audible gasp in the room when the exam officer said there were nine questions lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    I entered the exam hall confident and pumped to get my A*.
    I left the exam hall completely raped from all angles by that paper.
    ^ so much this.
    Having 8 exams this month and having sat 4 of them and finding them piss, i thought this would be another cakewalk. First question stumped me for a bit. the X=Tany, i got the the dy/dx= 1/sec^2(y) and got stuck (i'm really annoyed i did now :mad:) The graph of ln|x| was fail, i've only drawn lnx for +ve values (another thing :mad:) and then there was that 9a)ii). I figured it out, literally when they said pens down, so i couldn't write it :mad:. Oh and now theres a debate whether cot2x could give you solutions for x. well June here i come
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    You could have done it that way.

i did that too....cheers mate!!!

ReputationRep:
    The one with the 3^x and e^x in it was weird. No idea how well I did on that. Any word on the unofficial paper and mark scheme yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.