Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hard!! Nothing like the past papers i though which was very annoying!

Everyone i spoke to found it hard so i'm hoping grade boundaries are lowered.

ReputationRep:
    It was a challenging paper - but I wouldn't say it was that hard.
    Nothing on there was impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    the 100 UMS cap, for June 2006, was 70
    :eek3: i think i got 70-71 and this was definitely harder than june 2006

ReputationRep:
    can some1 give me the link to the solutions please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cashfield777)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...5&d=1264067467 - Thanks to Arsey

Edit: See this thread for more discussion: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1158161
    According to that i've got 82%. If i have calculated that right i am made up with that!

ReputationRep:
    The x = tan y and that question with 3^x threw me for a while, but I solved them in the end. I too made the "cot2y = 0 has no solutions" mistake.

Overall, I think that was the hardest paper in a long time, and I think they were overcompensating for last year's, which was apparently very easy. Given this, I expect the UMS boundaries to be unusually low.

ReputationRep:
    That exam was soo confusing to understand. However, looking back it now it doesnt seem that hard. I hope they lower the grade boundaries... just to let every1 know that pretty much everyone in my year claim to have struggled with this exam so fingers crossed...!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    go to page 33

arsey has posted it

ReputationRep:
    sorry to go slightly off topic.. but is C4 meant to be just as hard? Or is it slightly easier... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dianadj)
    just to let every1 know that pretty much everyone in my year claim to have struggled with this exam so fingers crossed...!!!
    lol good times

ReputationRep:
    80 ums for June 06' was 56/75. Comparing both papers, I reckon 80 ums for this paper will lie somewhere in the early 50's/75.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you reckon I will drop for the following? Q7c I worked out that the min. point was either -/+0.196 but used the positive solution with its y equivalence. Q8 I left out cotx=0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbosss)
    hey i got sum answers :>

so a = -0.196

then put x = -0.196 into the original equation to find b = 0.812
    yep
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mazda12)
    sorry to go slightly off topic.. but is C4 meant to be just as hard? Or is it slightly easier... ?
    edexcel expects c4 to be done by last year's students who are not awarded A*, so it wont be hard
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by NAJC)
    How many marks do you reckon I will drop for the following? Q7c I worked out that the min. point was either -/+0.196 but used the positive solution with its y equivalence. Q8 I left out cotx=0.
    2 + 2

ReputationRep:
    i may sound stupid but i cant seem to find the link...its not on page 33..could you please post it here if im nt asking for too much ?

ReputationRep:
    i think i got 63, gosh it's gonna be tight, fingers crossed for 90 ums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john1234567)
    sorry, how? it's clearly two separate parts of the question

obviously, but when you first read ... given that x =...
    and that you just worked out dy/dx from part i) you can see how it looks like they are the you need part i) for ii). :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forstudents)
    i may sound stupid but i cant seem to find the link...its not on page 33..could you please post it here if im nt asking for too much ?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post23342433

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonbeatific)
    obviously, but when you first read ... given that x =...
    and that you just worked out dy/dx from part i) you can see how it looks like they are the you need part i) for ii). :confused:
    meh i guess. i just recognised that \frac {1}{1+x^2} is the derivative of arctanx, which is what the question is getting us to find, so i was just lucky i suppose although i don't think it would've confused me even if i hadn't known that lol

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.