Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    it varies, lookin at c3 january 2009 there was only 8 questions, so some people thought it was only 8 questions in this paper and left their paper without doing question 9 ouch!
    :facepalm:

I reckon I've lost between 12-14 marks. Ah well, we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone please have the paper so we can look at the questions again???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazedmonkey09)
    Yeah i know me too!! that question is just worded wrong if its a second part you would naturally assume they are linked, so unfair can't they use different letters to make it clear?!
    I just ended up infinitely substituting lmao, nearly blew my brain

:p:

That happened to me too, I was sitting there thinking that the question was impossible and tried to substitute in the first part...so stupid. And know that I have seen the answer it was so simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiggerplease)
    The notation of the i and ii are often used to continue the same situation of the question
    in my experience, it usually goes
    8) a) i)
    ii)
    etc.
    It's fairly easy to see how they considered that i and ii were linked
    and it is fairly often seen in the past papers that answers from part i, or part a, are used in other parts
    I hereby penelise edexcel for improper use of x= as they used it for 2 different values. No A* for you edexcel

(Original post by crazedmonkey09)
    This is exactly what i was thinking, I'm sure it is >= 3 because if you dy/dx the minimum point is y=3 at x=1
    the minimum point of the equation y = (x-1)^2 + 3 is (1,3) so y >=3.

However, that is only if x can be <= 1 which it can not be. The domain of g(x) matters.

ReputationRep:
    What do people reckon an A would be? or an A* :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    3b) I would say 2/5

I think the error is Q7 will cost you big time; you are looking at 3/8

8) prob 1 mark

so you are prob looking at 55/75 which may be enough for an A.
    Thanks a lot :gthumb: :gthumb:
    I just looked through again and absolute minimum is about 51. and thats because im not counting little errors like when i dy\dx cosx i had -sinx then forgot to show it with 0- -sinx and continued to sinx\cosx * 1\cosx
    so hopefully the examiners are going to be kind and ill be quite close to the A (which I will take considering how hard i found this)

ReputationRep:
    I hope an A is something like 55/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    :facepalm:

I reckon I've lost between 12-14 marks. Ah well, we shall see.
    Raw mark wise, thats near 80%, so still an A. Since everyone has found this hard, it'll be lower grade boundaries etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    What do people reckon an A would be? or an A* :teeth:
    Based on the previous grade boundaries, along with my professional mathematical knowledge of whatever, it's 1/75=A and 2/75=A* 3+/75=U
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    No waay could it be 55/75 for an A??!!?! wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)

However, that is only if x can be <= 1 which it can not be. The domain of g(x) matters.
    thanks i realise that now, i thought i was being so clever diffing it now i realise :eek3:
    do you reckon the statement assymtope at 0 q5 will be a mark? i damn well hope not, already lost a min 10 marks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Arsey)

i think you should stop answering this question to every tom, **** and harry that asks you. i mean all they need to do is to scroll back a few pages and check your explanation

ReputationRep:
    i marked my paper using the solution paper(even thought i don't have the paper on hand lol) and i got 59/75 I am really scared itn't worth an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    Based on the previous grade boundaries, along with my professional mathematical knowledge of whatever, it's 1/75=A and 2/75=A* 3+/75=U
    :yes:
    I don't get that :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    3b) I would say 2/5

I think the error is Q7 will cost you big time; you are looking at 3/8

8) prob 1 mark

so you are prob looking at 55/75 which may be enough for an A.
    How many marks would I lose for question 8 for getting two wrong solutions, because I did cot2x=1, but then said tan2x = 0 so I got it wrong, but I managed to get 22.5 and 112.5.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Kameo)
    How many marks would I lose for question 8 for getting two wrong solutions, because I did cot2x=1, but then said tan2x = 0 so I got it wrong, but I managed to get 22.5 and 112.5.
    *answers on Arsey's behalf*

2 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    i marked my paper using the solution paper(even thought i don't have the paper on hand lol) and i got 59/75 I am really scared itn't worth an A
    It has to be it's near 80% right? You also haven't added any method marks, so that'll be more marks there. Judging by everyone's reactions, they found this exam mad hard so grade boundaries could be lower.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get that :eyeball:
    No you wouldn't (no offence). I used a theorem I made called 'Supermans Theorem' which lets me calculate the grade boundaries, of course using very complicated numbers.....and err.....and yeah....dont know what I'm on...
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    No waay could it be 55/75 for an A??!!?! wow!
    It could be M1 Jan 09 you needed 49 for an A, and I think this paper there was more areas to make mistakes. I think an A would be 50 something, it was much harder than past papers.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.