Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for ques 8 i don't completely agree with the unofficial mark scheme...i think it's:
    cot2x = 0 => tan2x = 0
    2x = arctan0
    = 0, 180
    so x = 0, 90
    and NOT 45, 135 (As stated in the unofficial MS)

correct me if i'm wrong plz...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formula 1)
    Cheating *************!!!!
    hey,

that was some long swear what was it?

P.S. TOON TOON, BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tqpbuildingbonds)
    oh kewl...that's what i did...i was confused 'cos sum ppl (really clever!) in my class said it'll just be ln x graph...

bt i'm gonna take ur word on it
    I put the standard lnx graph but i know for a fact that ln(modx) is the fountain shaped one - jasdeep told me so

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I took the exam too, and by the sound fo it, the general concensus is that it's hard,
    I revised by doing alot of exam papers, and some of the question types were VERY different to what I''ve ever seen before, I think that was the hardest bit!!!!!

Lets hopw my retake goes a bit better in the summer, I NEED an A to get into my uni's!!! Hope you all did well as well!!!! =)=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tqpbuildingbonds)
    for ques 8 i don't completely agree with the unofficial mark scheme...i think it's:
    cot2x = 0 => tan2x = 0
    2x = arctan0
    = 0, 180
    so x = 0, 90
    and NOT 45, 135 (As stated in the unofficial MS)

correct me if i'm wrong plz...
    Cot2x = 0

1/tan2x = 0 (tan2x=sin2x/cos2x)

=> cos2x/sin2x = 0
    => cos 2x = 0

ReputationRep:
    I have been hearing that everyone might have to do C3 again, because the exam board thinks that some people in the London Area might have had the paper. Also Woodford county high school apparently announced at the start of the exam that if anybody knows anything about this, please come forward. Hopefully they do not cancel it.

ReputationRep:
    Did you have to simplify the composite function? i just left it like e^2ln(x-1) +3 with range fg(x)>3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabzsaba)
    I have been hearing that everyone might have to do C3 again, because the exam board thinks that some people in the London Area might have had the paper. Also Woodford county high school apparently announced at the start of the exam that if anybody knows anything about this, please come forward. Hopefully they do not cancel it.
    Wtf ? No that can't be true.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 100 :grin: It depends though, people are saying you could probably 2/3 marks and still get it so hopefully!

Everyone keeps saying that last question was not x \geq 3 so that has put me off getting it raw marks but all that matter is UMS baby :jive: DOWN GRADE BOUNDARIES, DOWN!!

ReputationRep:

Bull :lol:

ReputationRep:
    TROLLL, I NEED EVIDENCE!

ReputationRep:
    can someone give me some feedback on my comment please, post 1006

ReputationRep:
    the first 4 or 5 questions was easy but as soon as that passed it all went abit iffy :////
    i do hope the boundries are low i dont have to do another exam in summer!
    D:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Robofish)
    can someone give me some feedback on my comment please, post 1006
    it has already been cleared by arsey

ReputationRep:
    where?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    go through the last couple of pages

ReputationRep:
    did anyone run out of time on the exam?

and i bombed question 7C...anyone know how to do it?

aaaaaaaaaand what was the answer to the first question pleasey?

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    4/[3(x+1)(3x+1)]

ReputationRep:
    thank youu kosy91
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Doober123)
    thank youu kosy91
    you are welcome!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.