Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)

Spoiler:
    Show

y=arccosx
    x=cosy
    arcsinx=arcsin(cosy)*

Now using the identity: cosx=sin(\frac{\pi}{2}-x)

arcsinx=arcsin[sin(\frac{\pi}{2}-y)]
    arcsinx=\frac{\pi}{2}-y < answer to the first part

Therefore arccosx+arcsinx=y+\frac{\pi}{2}-y=\frac{\pi}{2}

*That will suffice for the answer to the first part too.
    Thank you very much! It all seems simple now.

Just one more question, is that identity in the Edexcel book? Because i haven't seen it anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    98 and 95 respectively you? Yeah I hate those graphs too, as well as the graphs arcsinx, arcosx, arctanx etc.

I'm pretty sure we have to use pens throughout the exam, although someone might have to clarify that?

Spoiler:
    Show

y=arccosx
    x=cosy
    arcsinx=arcsin(cosy)*

Now using the identity: cosx=sin(\frac{\pi}{2}-x)

arcsinx=arcsin[sin(\frac{\pi}{2}-y)]
    arcsinx=\frac{\pi}{2}-y < answer to the first part

Therefore arccosx+arcsinx=y+\frac{\pi}{2}-y=\frac{\pi}{2}

*That will suffice for the answer to the first part too.
    I got.. 86 and 96
    Eeek., I hate using pens.

Oh and I actually get that question now! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPat)
    Thank you very much! It all seems simple now.

Just one more question, is that identity in the Edexcel book? Because i haven't seen it anywhere.
    I have a feeling it may have actually been in the AS text book, I'm not too sure though. It definately is useful to know however and I've seen them sneak it into a few questions before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwilightKnight)
    Yes. Yes it is. I never start a solomon paper with the intention to finish it. I pick out the questions I know I would have trouble with in the exam and sit there until I find a solution.

Personally, if the exam is as much of a doddle as the C3 that people did in June 2009, im not worried. We just did a mock and I got 100%.

I seriously doubt it will be though .
    not really its more of your nerves and brain playing tricks on you rather than your actual maths skill

ReputationRep:
    really looking forward to this exam by the way, i dont like c1 because that doesnt require any math skill and i dont like s1 because thats using formulas, i like c3 because you need some knowledge to get past this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htn)
    really looking forward to this exam by the way, i dont like c1 because that doesnt require any math skill and i dont like s1 because thats using formulas, i like c3 because you need some knowledge to get past this.
    :yes:
    i love doing c3 papers
    i've done all possible papers, this jan 2010 one is getting me excited just to see whats in it! ... im quite sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milan.)
    :yes:
    i love doing c3 papers
    i've done all possible papers, this jan 2010 one is getting me excited just to see whats in it! ... im quite sad
    yeah same as you, i finished all of the elmwood papers, c3 is definitely more enjoyable than c2/c1. s1 and d1 are just boring.

i really like the trigonometry questions, especially the ones that like ask you to prove that "cot 2x + cosec 2x = cot x" or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    There is no background music on that site...
    Oh that's odd.. there is when I go on there.. well it goes away if you minimise the screen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htn)
    yeah same as you, i finished all of the elmwood papers, c3 is definitely more enjoyable than c2/c1. s1 and d1 are just boring.

i really like the trigonometry questions, especially the ones that like ask you to prove that "cot 2x + cosec 2x = cot x" or something like that
    yeah i done edexcel proper papers and speciment and mock, and edexcel 5 practise papers, elmwood, solomon and all the book questions
    loved them all
    im stuck for more! any suggestions?

sometimes trig made me rip my head off but i always got them in the end

ReputationRep:
    If youve run out of papers to do then why not look at OCE MEI C3 papers? Yeah its got som C4 stuff in those papers but you can just ignore them and do the C3 questions.

ReputationRep:
    This one should be easy especially for the 'older' crowd. Urban UK song with lyrics including 'Oi who's that girl over there?'

Notable copy-cat song included Bengali/Punjabi girl etc I have it on a burnt CD somwhere but can't be bothered to fish it out.

ReputationRep:
    What is the song on slumdog millionaire which goes , all i wanna do is *gun noises* kaching , and take your money!

ReputationRep:
    which paper did you guys find the most challenging?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i done edexcel proper papers and speciment and mock, and edexcel 5 practise papers, elmwood, solomon and all the book questions
    loved them all

wow lol. you've prepared so much!!!! :eek3:
    How long did it take you to get through all of that? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 邓.琳)
    wow lol. you've prepared so much!!!! :eek3:
    How long did it take you to get through all of that? :eek:
    started around beggining of december i had done all the edexcel papers by the christmas holidays
    but only because i enjoy them lool!
    otherwise with other modules like s2 i haven't done all the edexcel yet

ReputationRep:
    loved them all

i dont know any more to be honest, when you finish all the elmwood papers youre ready, but youve also finished all the soloman papers too, id say youre prepared enough, just keep doing 1 or 2 exams a day and 3/4 the day before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny28)
    What is the song on slumdog millionaire which goes , all i wanna do is *gun noises* kaching , and take your money!
    MIA - Paper Planes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    MIA - Paper Planes
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    my plan is to...
    do a paper, learn where I went wrong, then do some practice ones from my textbook. Then do another paper and repeat.
    I aim that by the end of tomorrow to go through as many practice papers, solomon, elmwood, and actual edexcel papers. Then do exercises from my book that are like exam ones.
    I am worried about this exam. I am ok at maths, not brilliant.
    Hopefully though going through this amount I will have do enough practise.
    I really want a B. I need a B overall so may have to redo some AS modules.

Any one have any tips for short time revising for C3?
    I know everything, just sometime I can't do the trig identities and hate the range/domain.
    I can't wait for this exam to be over. xxxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.