Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am giving up predicting the UMS boundaries in the summer - so don't ask me!

ReputationRep:
    The A* indeed isn't the reason for high boundaries. You can get an A* in the old math syllabus too... so what's your point? -_-

I was correcting Noble who thought that the high boundaries were to do with the new A* award at A2.

Not sure what you mean about A* in the old Math syllabus. We are currently using the 2004 specification for GCE. This will not change until first teaching Sept 2012. During that time slight changes to the syllabi of individual modules have taken place. A* has nothing to do with this, nor has it anything to do with the high grade boundaries in Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I was correcting Noble who thought that the high boundaries were to do with the new A* award at A2.

Not sure what you mean about A* in the old Math syllabus. We are currently using the 2004 specification for GCE. This will not change until first teaching Sept 2012. During that time slight changes to the syllabi of individual modules have taken place. A* has nothing to do with this, nor has it anything to do with the high grade boundaries in Jan.
    I simply meant that the Maths syllabus was not changed. Therefore, people are being given the opportunity to convert A*-deserving As into A*s. And that makes perfect sense too. I mean some people could have easily completed the full Maths A Level course in the 2008-2009 academic year with A* potential, but they were only award a mere A.

I read this somewhere. As soon as I find the source, I will link you.

ReputationRep:
    100 UMS :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I got 85/100, which im really suprised at, considering I thought I'd gotten a B at most.

I'll be retaking though, I know I can do a lot better than that and I really want that A*, but it's nice to know I have that as a safety net.

How'd everyone else do?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats you two

ReputationRep:
    79/100
    missed it by one :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Congrats you two
    how much did u get in c3????

ReputationRep:
    89/100. I'm happy, but I'll probably retake in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    97 ums thank god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nast)
    97 ums thank god
    94, do u guys reckon i shud retake to maximize the chance of getting an A*

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that in order to get the A* you need to get the A* twice, both in C3 and C4.
    Not sure of the validity of that but thats what I've been told :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nast)
    I've been told that in order to get the A* you need to get the A* twice, both in C3 and C4.
    Pretty sure that's not true.

(Original post by alithegreat)
    94, do u guys reckon i shud retake to maximize the chance of getting an A*
    I told myself I would retake if I got less than 95, so i guess it's really up to you. Put it this way, if you retake and do worse, you'll get to keep the higher grade anyway, so if I were you I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nast)
    no 90 average in C3 and C4 +480

ReputationRep:
    93/100 , but I knew I messed up cause of really silly mistakes. I will be retaking.

ReputationRep:
    very disappointed with my score, i got 67/75, which is 91 ums, i dont need to take c3 again as 91 ums isnt too bad, but the question on cosec^2x = cot2x is going to give me nightmares, i missed out 3 marks on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nast)
    its sort of true

if you get 95 ums in c3 and 85 ums in c4, you will get 90 ums on average of those 2 units, add in your third A2 unit, if the average is 90 ums or higher, you can still get the A*

its very complicated, just aim on getting full marks on every exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htn)
    very disappointed with my score, i got 67/75, which is 91 ums, i dont need to take c3 again as 91 ums isnt too bad, but the question on cosec^2x = cot2x is going to give me nightmares, i missed out 3 marks on it!
    I don't remember this? :confused:

edit: Oh wait, I think I do, my memory is poor :p:

ReputationRep:
    since I got 93 ums on c3, would that mean I need 87ums on c4 to get an A*?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.